Hacking Help. Wii u suddenly not showing games from hdd

Emil123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Just switched on the wii u today to play with my kid but all of the games which i had installed on it are gone. Im using Toshiba 1tb drive with Y cable. It was working fine for months.Please someone help. My boy is devastated. Tried unplugging and plug in again but no success. The wii u is detecting it but the games are gone.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like its either corrupted or has been formatted.

What does the system settings say about remaining space on the drive? Go into System Settings, copy move or delete data option and it should show you your hdd and nand with space used/free.

You could also try another cable or power your existing cable from another power source... ie tv USB if you have them.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

Emil123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply. When i click on data management it shows me an error 150-3032 and to press eject to remove disk but there is no disk in it... I asks me to turn of the system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just tried the other thing aswell to use another usb for power but no success again...

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
150 errors normally refer to the disc drive. Long shot but you could try with a disc in the drive and then see if it kicks the hdd titles back into view.

At this stage it still sounds like a possible power or cable issue. I would recommend buying a usb sata adapter with mains power rather than y cable. The wii u usb ports aren't the best and why i wouldn't recommend using a y cable set up.

If you have another y cable to try and the issue remains, it could point to the usb ports have become faulty.... A quick test here could be putting a flash drive/thumb stick and formatting it if it allows, then try installing a game to it but do note.... Thumb drives are definitely NOT recommended for main use. It could prove the usb ports are fine here however.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

Emil123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks all. Formated it on PC then i plug it again on the wii u which formated successfully then i tried to install a game and it worked. Don't know why this happened but we are happy. Will reinstall the games with the time. Thank you again!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shame you had to wipe all your previous data and start from scratch but glad you have a working hdd again!

Sounds like the drive became corrupted then. I would repeat my earlier statement about a separate powered adapter to reduce the chances of it happening again.

:yayu:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the indexer is the barista file, which may have gotten corrupted or deleted somehow. all games disappearing can also happen if you initialize the hdd in windows.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs