HELP! Wii system memory full and unable to free space

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mistajase, May 8, 2011.

1. mistajase
    OP

Newcomer mistajase Member

United Kingdom
    I've just installed some new wiiware game via wad manager 1.7 and no when i start my wii it says 'Wii system memory full' and take me straight to the disk management screen and I'm unable to get into the HBC fromt he system menu because of this, How can i free up space?

I have a 3.2E PAL

Any suggestions?

2. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    delete some channels/saves
    and btw this should be on the wii section not the psp one
    another way: close your wii, enter hbc with when you reopen it (when you open it you get a white menu press the power button the the reset button) the uninstall some of your wads
    to have many channels use mighty channels or triforce

3. chop

Member chop GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Do you have a SD card that you can move them to?

4. mistajase
    OP

Newcomer mistajase Member

United Kingdom
    I managed to solve the problem....

I started deleting old save files initially, but it didn't free up any blocks and it was stuck on zero (even after freeing up over 250 blocks) I could not access anything but disk management section (no HBC, Mii channel or even disc channel!) as the wii would send me to it directly to it bypassing the system menu... it kinda had me worried.

I carried on freeing up as much as possible (keeping my fingers crossed), must of freed up approx 500 blocks until it managed to get off zero... i now have approx 60 blocks free and the whole wii is accessible again (phew!)

So it looks like my wii memory was into minus figures(!) but would only display zero..... silly nintendo!

cheer guyz

5. Briadark

Member Briadark GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Report the memory fould as a bug so they can fix it and don't make the same mistake on the Wii 2/Wii HD