Gaming HELP! Wii Disassembly!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you manage to get all of the screws?

If so you could take a picture and send it to @[member='DeadlyFoez'].
He could probably tell you where every screw would go with his eyes shut.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ouch. Well, you could start here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhEgNpjYKoo

And do things in reverse-order. The first time I did it, took 3 hours, now being my 33th time, it only takes 20minutes or so.

Get a triwing screwdriver because some important screws, are kinda triwing shape (starshaped) ones.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I left my roommates to hang out in my room for an hour and came back to find them in the kitchen with the Wii disassembled.

They didn't mark where any of the screws go.

Help!
How *old* are your roommates?

I wouldn't even attempt to put the Wii back together - I would rather hold them financially responsible. Them or their parents. I don't see why anyone should let "their roommates" disassemble electronics and get away with it - those things are costly. Your console has now been opened, the warranty is void and if you'll send it to Nintendo for any kind of repairs, even after the warranty period, the assumption is automatic - console's been opened = your fault.

Dumbasses. I'd kick the living cr*p out of them tbh.

Reactions: 1 person

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I left my roommates to hang out in my room for an hour and came back to find them in the kitchen with the Wii disassembled.

Help!

I wouldn't even attempt to put the Wii back together - I would rather hold them financially responsible. Them or their parents. I don't see why anyone should let "their roommates" disassemble electronics and get away with it - those things are costly. Your console has now been opened, the warranty is void and if you'll send it to Nintendo for any kind of repairs, even after the warranty period, the assumption is automatic - console's been opened = your fault.

Never tought of that before.
I'll remember that one, it may come in handy once ;D

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fair play, it's likely that after recieving a new console (I would. I'm entirely capable of causing someone's life to turn into a nightmare once my posessions are tampered with) I'd just put the other Wii back together and have "two" or keep the one for spare parts. Still, first and foremost, revenge.

...there are many places on a human's body that cause immense pain, but the one that hurts the most is the lesser known organ called "the wallet". Bit*hez broke your Wii, b*tchez break out their wallets. And if they tell you "we'll put it back together", just tell them "been open, warranty void, resale value down by 50$, suck it up and get me a new one".

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried beating them with the wii until either it, or they break?
Could work.

If not, find a disassembly video tut, or watch the one Coto posted.
and then beat them with the friggin' wii till either or both break.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
They're attempting to put it back together now. If it doesn't work after it's together again I'll have them buy a new Wii (Not one of the new models, unless they're also willing to buy a Gamecube separately). It's my birthday next month anyway.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Help!

This.

You break it, you pay for it. It's that simple. getting mad about it is fun to blow off steam or if they have hearing problems (which happens rather often when people screw up), but all you really need is consistency. They will fix it, or pay for it, simple as that

It's noble to try to fix other people's errors, but I'm a helpdesk agent. I see problems being the user's fault shifting over "it's your responsibility" into "it's your fault" on almost a daily basis. That alone is reason enough to be careful when helping others.

(btw...what were they thinking?)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was just wondering how those where related as well. They obviously disassembled the unit for a reason?
It's never good to judge if you only know part of the story...

At least they let you free already... :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse