Hacking Help, Wii and controllers going crazy >_<

wilidy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(didn't know where to post this...)

One bright day I bought a 3rd party Gamecube Controller (actually, it was a Classic Controller with a GC plug) and it worked well for a few days... Then it started to go crazy, making my character in games run to the left, even if I'm not pressing in that direction on the analogic. After trying to fix by unplugging and plugging again, oppening it and cleaning... I gave up. It wasn't an official Nintendo controller after all.

HOWEVER, one day my Nunchuk (the one that came with the Wii, the official one) started do do the SAME thing. At first I thought that I was pushing the controller too hard, but some time later, I was going to play my Wind Waker and I realized that the GC controller was working VERY WELL, with no errors AT ALL. Really, I tested it with a lot of GC games and it was working peferctly. Magic I tell you!

In meantime, I had upgraded my IOS using Pimp My Wii. But it didn't work well, since I had ciosCORP in my Wii. Some games just stopped to work. This was when my Nunchuk started to go crazy and the GC controller became good.

Since some games where not working I decided to use the ciosCORP uninstaller and use Pimp my Wii again to upgrade the IOS. I did this and some games restarted to work (which means that there's still something to do...), but the thing with the controllers inverted again! Now my nunchuk plays perfectly and the GC controller is lame... WTF do I do?

My Wii is Softmoded, 4.1U and I usually play games on DVDR, sometimes on HDD. My Wii was in a point that I was runing EVERY game to date.

crazycaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that can cause your players to get stuck running in one direction when the joystick is neutral is if you are holding the joystick to the left/right when you plug it in/start the game. This will cause the system to think the neutral zone is where the joystick is positioned when the game starts. Are you sure you're not holding the joystick in one direction when you start a game? Also, I would recommend running through the ModMii installer to make sure you have the most up-to-date IOS' and you have completely removed cIOScorp. You can just say no to all the options when running in wizard mode (except the last one) to get all the current system IOS' you should have for 4.1

wilidy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess I'll give a try to Modmii... Using it will remove ciosCORP from my Wii? Because I'd like it :)

Well, my Nunchuk is the official one. It came with the Wii and I bought it from a store. The kind of store that only sells official products.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?