[HELP] Which all cIOS and IOS fles to install???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rash219, Feb 28, 2009.

Feb 28, 2009
  1. rash219
    OP

Newcomer rash219 Member

United States
    The only file I have installed is cIOS37 using WAD Manager. I have looked at all the tutorials about burning DVD-R, patching the ISO files, Used both PAL and NTSC versions of the same game but got the same result. Therefore I am coming to the conclusion that I have not installed all the required files to get the game......So Can any1 please help me???

My Wii Specs are...V3.2U with Homebrew Channel Installed and working DVD Mplayer.....hope some1 can help me

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    search and use cIOS36_r7 installer, then use Gamma launcher 002_fix to launch your backups, use the search button to find those 2...!!! [​IMG]

3. Littlegreenmen

Member Littlegreenmen GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    install cioscorp and your done
    backup loading through disc channel

4. rash219
    OP

Newcomer rash219 Member

United States
    Which is safer (easier to perform) cIOS _Corp or Installing cIOS36_r7 installer.....I believe I herd some people complain about cIOS_Corp saying that its a bit messed up and things like that.....

Also is StarLight, which I have installed, the software to install on your wii to make sure you can unbrick it or is there some other file to install.....

THANKS!!!!

5. kylsav

Member kylsav GBAtemp Regular

United States
    cIOS36_r7 installer with the gamma loader is safer then cioscorp. i used the gamma loader and it works great.

Click here for djtaz's guide

all the files u need are in his Sig it also contains a HTML file that gives u step my step instructions on how to install it.

hope that helps. [​IMG]

6. rash219
    OP

Newcomer rash219 Member

United States
    What is a good game to test.....if I am going to burn it on a DVD+R.......

currently I have NFS and Zelda that are originals and HOD-Overkill and Shaun White that are PAL BackUps on my PC

I followed the instructions and yet I am not able to load my back ups

What should I do

p.s. HBC shows I have IOS36 v4.18 installed

7. ether2802

Mexico
    any game is good to test, just be sure that at the moment of burning you have changed the book type to DVD-ROM for DVD+R's, ok..? and remember that the installer doesn't have to bring up any error at the installation time, otherwise is not right installed..!!! [​IMG]

8. rash219
    OP

Newcomer rash219 Member

United States
    Bleh!!!!......[​IMG].......no matter what I cant get it to work.....followed the exact instructions from djtaz's guide but still cannot get the game to load....tried it with Verbatim DVD+R booktype DVD-ROM and also TDK DVD-R......now my only hope is Verbatim DVD-R.....

9. ether2802

Mexico
    did you installed the cIOS...??
    wich FW version are you..??
    what is the error on screen..?? black screen - green screen...??

10. rash219
    OP

Newcomer rash219 Member

United States
    Yeah!!!!!I installed IOS37-64-v2070.wad through WAD Manager first then installed cIOS36 rev 7 using Network Installation rather than WAD......

The firmware I am using 3.2U downgraded from 3.4U....

I dont receive any error screen just a BLACK SCREEN.....the backup loader after starting just remains BLACK.....pressing and holding 1 and selecting play games just brings back the same menu after 2~3min.....

11. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'll pm you a nice guide.

12. rash219
    OP

Newcomer rash219 Member

United States
    Thanks!!! I got the guide..followed it had the same issue until I bought another set of Verbatim DVD's. That seemed to have solved the issues....but it seems that some games that I have in PAL like HOTD-Overkill wont work. The NTSC version will though.....I have even used IOS patcher and Wii Brick Blocker on the PAL version but it still wot play...only a green screen remains b4 the games starts