Hacking [HELP] WFBS manager not working on toshiba canvio plus 3.0

yves_09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello im new in hacking wii
Im trying to put wii games on my wii but WBFS manager 4.0 seems to be not compatible with my HDD. I try formatting using WBFS manager but the files of my HDD didnt got deleted. I got a Toshiba canvio plus 3.0 1tb

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello im new in hacking wii
Im trying to put wii games on my wii but WBFS manager 4.0 seems to be not compatible with my HDD. I try formatting using WBFS manager but the files of my HDD didnt got deleted. I got a Toshiba canvio plus 3.0 1tb
Wii Backup Manager found here :http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-backup-manager-for-windows.188295/
should work better for you it will convert your files automatically , i also recommend either using fat32 or NTFS for wii games WBFS isn't recommend anymore

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why the hell are people still want to use wbfs ?
use fat, it's easier, compaticle with all known OS, use the same disc space as wbfs (with conversion)...

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Format USB to fat 32
2. Download wii game manager
3. Convert the iso to wbfs
4. Copy to folder and your good

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toshiba Canvio hard drives suck horribly for Wii related things. I have one and I have to plug in and unplug after every game played. USB Loader GX will simply not load with the drive plugged in.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed I have one also, ended up just getting something else.

I wish I could afford something different. Right now, when I want to play a game, I have the leave the HDD unplugged until after USB Loader GX is loaded and then go into options, set it for Wii and GC games and plug in the drive. This has to be done EVERY time I want to play a new game.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could afford something different. Right now, when I want to play a game, I have the leave the HDD unplugged until after USB Loader GX is loaded and then go into options, set it for Wii and GC games and plug in the drive. This has to be done EVERY time I want to play a new game.
Seems I remember having better luck using it with wiiflow, but I can't remember my exact setup. Also remember it working even worse on the WiiU. I ended up getting a 500gb Seagate 2.0. I had prior experience with a 250gb seagate and defiantly didn't want to waste my money on something else that wouldn't work correctly.

ryntess

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still to this day, the Canvio II does suck. It doesn't work well at all on Wii (think someone mentioned a faulty USB 3 driver or something). I've always been a Western Digital fan myself on Wii, but I have a 500GB Canvio USB 2.0 model running fine. Think Toshiba just didn't load the right drivers into their 3.0 models possibly.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3TB Toshiba Canvio, and it works fine for Wii backup loading (on fat32 of course, pls don't use wbfs), but it fails completely for DIOS MIOS. My WD 1TB drive is better for everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.