[Help] Well, did I make a fancy doorstop?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Crownz4, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Crownz4
    OP

Crownz4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    United States
    When following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
    I was on step 19. Restore SysNAND from emuNAND_unbricked.bin on Section II: Downgrading. The restore failed, so I rebooted to go try again, by pressing Start inside OTPHelper...

I have two fancy black screens staring back at me, with just a single blue light on. Recovery will NOT come up, and taking out the SD card or leaving it in does nothing. This is a n3dsxl.

I dun goof'd eh?

2. iAqua

iAqua Shadow of Dark.

GBAtemp Patron
    iAqua is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 7, 2015
    Canada
    -snip- iAqua = Fool... I really need to start reading these threads.

Last edited by iAqua, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Crownz4
    OP

Crownz4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    United States
    Yup.

4. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    Maybe post in the OTPHelper thread so you can give @d0k3 some info as to what you did or saw during your attempt to flash SysNAND from emuNAND_unbricked.bin. You do have your sysNAND backup at least, right? If so nothing a hardmod shouldn't be able to fix. Don't lose hope, minor setback. Good luck.

5. Crownz4
    OP

Crownz4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    United States
    Yes, I have a couple backups of my sysNAND. I was hoping not to crack it open, but if I must, I must. I'll probably go buy me some solder and an iron tomorrow. Thought about bugging someone like @hundshamer but I'm comfortable.

6. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    Just keep patient and I'm sure it will be worth it for you once you are sitting pretty with A9LH and a hardmod. Good things come to those who wait (or in this case have a sysNAND backup with the ability to hardmod). Best of luck and I'll be sure to congratulate you once you restore and join the A9LH club.

Crownz4 likes this.
  7. Crownz4
    OP

Crownz4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    United States
    I may have a fancy doorstep for sure now. This hardmod I thought went okay, but now the damn thing isn't even turning on..

8. tjhooker73

tjhooker73 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    You probably bridged a connection or something. Check it close up and make sure everything is plugged correctly.
    If you did it directly to a USB then you could have killed it.

9. Crownz4
    OP

Crownz4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    United States
    Well, I've undone and redone a few times now, I think my dumbass killed it. Ugh...

On a related note, can I pulled the motherboard from another n3dsxl and put into mine?

10. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Yes that's essentially a shell swap

11. Crownz4
    OP

Crownz4 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    United States
    I got everything working up until I tried to downgrade to 2.1.0...I could just stay on EmuNAND if I pulll my daug...I mean the other n3dsxl..