Help!!! WBFS drive error

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by buckely, Jun 14, 2009.

Jun 14, 2009

Help!!! WBFS drive error by buckely at 12:21 AM (673 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. buckely
    OP

Newcomer buckely Member

United States
    Help please, i hope someone has a solution.

I have a WD mybook, have been working fine for a long time. I had 130 or so game on it no problem. I had all my games also backed up on my pc as isos. I wanted to copy all the games to my hd as cios to save space but still have them backed up. I started my copy process and left to get my laundry. I came back and my WBFS Manager had crashed for some unknown reason. My WBFs manager now tells me my drive is unformated and there is nothing on it. Is there a way to fix this, i know there still there. I think there was an issue with the drive i was copying the games to because now all my backups are gone and or corrupted, i might have hit some bad sectors and the effect snowballed. Any Ideas?

2. slicknixon

Newcomer slicknixon Advanced Member

United States
    same thing happened to me once when i left my drive hooked up and went out of the room for awhile.
    but in your case, i have heard that mybooks aren't very good for handling the WBFS.

if you have everything backed up on your pc, just reformat and reinstall everything and keep all your games backed up on your pc. try to avoid leaving your drive hooked up to your pc while idle. also consider getting a different drive by using that compatibility wiki.

3. buckely
    OP

Newcomer buckely Member

United States
    Ok, so what i did to fix this is disconnect my HD from my computer, Hook it up to the wii, still a drive error, then back to PC with WBFS Manager 3.01 and it worked. I don't know why. I'm still peeved about all my PC backups going away, but had most of them on disc as well and I am transfering the ones i don't have on disc, back to the hd as normal isos to then burn to disc. I think i just got really lucky this time.

4. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    sounds like your adapter isn't supplying enough power to the enclosure so it isn't makeing a good connection at least that's the problem i had whit mine till i got a shorter usb cable.
    then again mine is powered by usb so it might be a different issue, i only say it could be cuz the symptoms are the same..