Emulation [Help wanted] How to access the BIOS menu of NeoDS (Neogeo for DS)?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Would someone kindly tell me how to access the general menu of uni-bios: which button combination should I use and when? I need it to switch from console mode to arcade mode. By now all my roms are converted using the universal bios (bios 8) and I am not going to recreate them from scratch with other BIOS.
Someone will ask, "but what difference does it make?" In console mode the continues are limited, in arcade mode they are unlimited (if you possess enough coins in your purse, of course...🤣).

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Nikokaro,
Reactions: Garcimak

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bumped my thread to bring my problem to your attention again, adding a few pictures to awaken interest in this amazing Neo-Geo emulator.

1653295566916.jpg

To this day, playing 24bit arcade games on DS/DS Lite, with this almost 15 years old emulator, has something incredible: I think it is the best and most amazing emulator on DS (with jEnesisDS in second place): games at full speed, no slowdown, perfect music. Games of almost 100Mb (e.g. SNK vs. Capcom) work excellently and smoothly: the Dpad on the DS lite responds exceptionally well especially for fighting games, while sadly the one on the DSi is too stiff and the diagonals don't work.
Only the Super Sidekicks series have graphical glitches.
Anyway, by randomly pressing buttons during gameplay I discovered, if anyone else is interested, the cheat menu (R+start), which is already a great help. But I still haven't given up hope of knowing how to access the uni-bios menu, assuming someone will help me now.

1653295530946.jpg

Reactions: Garcimak

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi lad. Unfortunately, I can't distribute roms on this site, plus I certainly can't upload hundreds of roms from my cell phone, which I use exclusively to browse this site. If you google It, you will easily find the neo geo universal bios. The roms are the MAME (arcade emulator) ones you can easily find online, and you will have to convert them with the tool already included in the NeoDS archive.

Last edited by linuxares,

yoooblls

Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Bro do u know a way to convert neo geo bios on phone I'm trying to want to use uni bios on my nds neoDs but no PC u know a way

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lad, a few days ago you posted a picture showing your DS with a neo geo game, or am I wrong?
Bro do u know a way to convert neo geo bios on phone
NG BIOS has to be inserted into the neo geo game you are interested in at the time of conversion, and the tool to do this only works on Windows. There's no other way, sorry.

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep but no bios, but thx still
I repeat, the BIOS should  not be used separately, but should be inserted into every game you use, even to take advantage of cheats.
If that game (Waku Waku 7) you posted in the photo worked with NeoDS, it is because it already had the necessary BIOS inside.
Out of curiosity, were you interested in a particular game?

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes like capcom vs marvel but there's a post about that game dint worked because it's an cps2 game
For Neo Geo, on the other hand, SNK vs. Capcom Plus is available, which is very nice and perfectly playable on NeoDS: the only flaw is the backgrounds that are too dull, flat and static.

chunli-capcom-vs-snk.gif

Even if it were allowed here, I could not upload it here as it is almost 80MB big. Don't you have any friends who own a PC to get MAME roms converted to .neo format for playing on NeoDS?

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Angelus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would someone kindly tell me how to access the general menu of uni-bios: which button combination should I use and when? I need it to switch from console mode to arcade mode. By now all my roms are converted using the universal bios (bios 8) and I am not going to recreate them from scratch with other BIOS.
Someone will ask, "but what difference does it make?" In console mode the continues are limited, in arcade mode they are unlimited (if you possess enough coins in your purse, of course...🤣).

Thank you in advance.
Hello, I would like to ask if there is a possibility of being able to obtain the roms patched with univios, it is difficult to find the roms converted with unibios

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I would like to ask if there is a possibility of being able to obtain the roms patched with univios, it is difficult to find the roms converted with unibios
Sorry, but roms cannot be uploaded here. Try googling them: as for me, I found this:
*modsnip*
but I don't know if the link is still active.

Last edited by DinohScene,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol