Hardware HELP - WANTED AR Film for Afterburner Front light mod

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all anyone help me out.
I am after some AR (Anti Reflection )Film for my Afterburner Front light mod that I fitted to my GBA.

I got a spare off a mate years ago but it got dust under it so was thinking about re-doing it (properly without the dust!!!)

Cheers for helping!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afterburner kits are insanely hard to find now, so finding just the AR film for it might be rather difficult.

Another option you can try is to get a broken GBA SP (frontlit, not backlit) off Ebay, and steal its reflective AR film. I have no clue if it will work well with the Afterburner fittings, but it would certainly be easier to find.

EDIT: the guy at http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6813 claims you can add the SP's antireflective film to the regular GBA without too much trouble, according to his posts in that topic.

RalphUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dan, I had seen this but he is really doing the job of taking the whole frontlight out of an SP and transplanting it into a stock GBA.
but removing stuff from one to another just stinks of dust / damage etc. was after new replacement AR film or equivilant.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that's what the tutorial is about. However, at the very end he suggests taking the AR film from the SP and using it on the GBA, and that's what I was commenting about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over