HELP! Want to remove Preloader after deleting all homebrew...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by radiocaf, Jun 11, 2011.

1. radiocaf
    OP

Newcomer radiocaf Newbie

United States
    Hi guys.

I am selling my Wii, but the guy wants it without any backup launchers or homebrew channel or anything (he wants it legit.) In a rush, I formatted the system memory, and updated. The update keeps giving me error 32017, but now says it's 4.3E, and I think it's because the Wii can still see the Preloader. I have no way of re-installing the homebrew channel through BootMii, as I don't own any of the games required to hack 4.3E. So I'm stuck in a hole. I need to update so the guy can use the Shop Channel and such, but I can't update because the Wii keeps throwing error 32017 at me because of the Preloader installed, which I can uninstall because I removed all the homebrew and don't own any of the games required to allow me to reinstall it.

Any help, please???

2. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Hold reset when booting Wii up, disable Block online updates hack.

You DO KNOW that , even if you remove all the HB shit, there will still be a log on the Wii. So if you would sent it to Nintendo they still see it's been tempered with?

It's nowhere "legit".

3. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    as far as i know that will not work, cause the hack.ini is gone. so it will still show, priiloader but he will not be able to do any thing, priiloader will throw the error message "can't find hack, bla bla bla. did the same for me when updating priiloader from v4 to v7. i had to redo priiloader an every thing, then remove it, an put v7 on. but like i keep saying, it's different for everyone. so i could be wrong. but sounds like he needs gamefly or a friend with one of the games to rehack then remove the proper way..
    next time dude start at priiloader then work backwards. your lucky you didn't brick. [​IMG]

4. Hielkenator

Netherlands
    This is the best advice and makes sense.
    He needs a new SM.

5. diddy81

Member diddy81 Wii Theme Team

United Kingdom
    you only need the hacks.ini once after that priiloader saves it on the wii so he can turn off all the block hacks with out it

only reason you needed it Hielkenator is because you updated priiloader

try taking your sd card out and going to priiloader all the hacks will still be there [​IMG]

6. Hielkenator

Netherlands
    Yes I know the hack ini is copied to nand. So maybe he only needs the hack.ini file on the root of his sd card?
    To get things re-enabled...

Strange, because he claims to have updated his FW/ SM. That would theoratically remove the priiloader hacks...