Help!want to change from old JB-King 2.7(4.11/3.55) to new one like Rogero or multiman 4.55 or other

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by darkon34, Mar 20, 2014.

1. darkon34
    OP

darkon34 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    Malaysia
    Right now Im still using the old jailbreak(could be the only person left) that is Jb-king dongle(usb) version 4.11 True Blue v2.7(im using 3.55 games usually)...The problem is i dont want to use 3.55 anymore because the games had a lot of problem sometime..so i wish to change it to the newest one like Rogero/Multman 4.55 or other..I try many times to change it but i dont know where to start it...Has someone using this Jb-king and change it to other Jailbreak when the jb-king website has been disband(and that the reason why it has no upgrade anymore)..by the way jb-king was 2012 thing so i know its old but i dont know how to change it...If anyone please give me instruction of where to start it.

p.s So Sorry for my Bad English(maybe)[​IMG]

2. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Upgrading to new CFW is simpler then ever now all you need is the desired CFW, a brain (durrr), a PS3 (durrrr), and a little patience. Have you decided on what CFW you want to upgrade to? Right now the 2 main contenders are Habib and Rogero. Personally I use Rogero and it works fine so that's what I would recommend, all you need to do is simply get a USB drive make a folder called PS3 then go into that folder and make another folder called UPDATE (make sure it's in all caps) the download your desired CFW HERE (Rogero) or HERE (Habib). After that rename the CFW you downloaded to PS3UPDAT.PUP make sure it's in all caps to, afterwards out that in the UPDATE PS3 folder, then unplug all USB dongles from your PS3 as well as remove all PS3 discs from your PS3 I bolded that because it's important that you do that or it can mess up your jailbreak then insert the USB stick with the new cfw on it in the far most right USB port on the PS3 then power on your PS3 and go to the system update menu and click update from USB Stick NOT OVER THE INTERNET!!!! after that it should automatically update your PS3 to the latest CFW, and you will no longer need the JB dongle or 3.55 patches for games to make sure it worked afterwords go and check what FW you on and see if it says Habib or Rogero next to the FW if it says one of those you have succeeded and your good to go.

Good Luck!:lol:

darkon34 likes this.
  3. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States

Don't you mean USB stick?

xcrimsonstormx likes this.
  4. xcrimsonstormx

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Yeah my bad thanks for catching me on that one... :shy:

darkon34 likes this.
  5. darkon34
    OP

darkon34 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    Malaysia
    It doesnt need to format and i'll still keep my old save file,game data right?

6. darkon34
    OP

darkon34 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    Malaysia
    Also thank you very much:lol:
    ^^

7. darkon34
    OP

darkon34 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    Malaysia
    I had a problem it doesnt said Rogero 4.55 but it just said Version 4.55 and i cant use my multiman

8. darkon34
    OP

darkon34 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    Malaysia
    nevermind il already upgrade my multiman to 4.55 too, so forget what im post before

p.s i dont know how to delete old post

9. xcrimsonstormx

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    It's cool did everything work out?

10. darkon34
    OP

darkon34 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    Malaysia
    Yup.. Just play mgs5..TQ

11. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2013
    Gothenburg
    Cool Thread! So I got one question, when upgrading to 4.55 cfw , should i enable qflag or do anything else

Ive rogero /w cobra 4.46

12. xcrimsonstormx

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Upgrading know is really easy now that most CFW's have pretty much the same features. You can enable QAFlag if you want, but its not necessary only if you want. All you do is pick the CFW you want for 4.55 I would recommend either this (Habib w/ Cobra) or this (Rogero). Then you make a folder on your USB Stick called PS3 then make another folder inside that folder named UPDATE then inside that folder put the update file in that folder and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP then take the USB drive and put it it the far most right USB port and turn on your PS3 then go to -System Settings -Update -Update via USB MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE ALL DISCS AND OTHER USB DRIVES FROM THE PS3 AND MAKE SURE NOT TO CLICK UPDATE VIA INTERNET. Once you click Update via USB the PS3 will do the rest and you are good to go. Good Luck!

13. stephaniie

stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2013
    Gothenburg
    as you mentioned above ... thanks xcrimson :)

14. xcrimsonstormx

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    No problem enjoy! :lol:

15. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Just want to mention to anyone reading this thread and having troubles, your USB has to be in FAT32.

16. AhmadX

AhmadX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2014
    Pakistan
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Ok, sorry for reviving this thread but I really needed to know that when we first used the tru blue dongle, we had to install it. So in order to remove the spoof dont we have to undo or uninstall the dongle somehow before updating ps3?
    Or just removing it works?

17. xcrimsonstormx

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    What current firmware is it on?

18. AhmadX

AhmadX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2014
    Pakistan
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    version 4.11, tru blue 2.7. Same as the topic

19. xcrimsonstormx

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Ok just download this and update it on your PS3 rename it PS3UPDAT.PUP. and you should be good to go as far as I know. HERE

20. AhmadX

AhmadX Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2014
    Pakistan
    Rawalpindi, Pakistan
    Sorry bro, but isnt that 4.46, the link you gave?
    Does that mean i cant go to 4.55?