[Help] [vWii] USB Devices are not recognized on USBLoader GX

ArgoRV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
A little briefing of my current situation:

Years ago (before i knew about gbatemp and official hacks guides) i modified vWii following some steps on wiiscenebeta. Everything worked good with an external HDD (Powered by AC outlet)
Just this year, i did a system restore before installing Tiramisu (bad idea). So far Tiramisu works good ✅ But when i enter the vWii, Homebrew Channel and USBloader GX are gone.

I reinstalled HBC (on vWii) using Compat Title Installer (from Wiiu) and installed USBLoader GX using a .wad manager

Main problem comes with the USB Devices; USBLoader keeps looking for USB Device even when it is connected correctly (both backside ports work good on WiiU).

I have tried Western Digital External HDD (format as WBFS & Fat32)
I have tried AData External HDD (format as WBFS & Fat32)
I have tried Kingston 101 Flash Drive (format as WBFS & Fat32)

None of them seems to work.

Fun part is: After device is not detected, USBLoader loads with channels installed, where i can "play" with the options. Checking Hard Drive options, the USB is being detected.

Any help you can give me is welcome, I hope i didn't ruin the vWii after the format

Update: I installed Neogamma R9 Beta 56 and works good.
Update: Restoring USBloader to default settings fixed the issue

Please close the thread

Last edited by ArgoRV,

Moobaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying you UNinstalled Tiramisu and installed Neogamma R9 Beta 56 instead?

What is your current setup?

Seems to me you CANNOT use any USB loaders on the Wii U side of things WITH a Wii U formatted drive. The drives have to be FAT32, but doing that makes it to where you CANNOT run the Wii U side like normal with Injections/Installs to the USB. So it's like a catch 22.

I'm about to try TWO drives. My current drive is Wii U formatted and running Wii U and VC games installed to the USB and regular style launching from the home menu. I am going to attach a SECOND external HDD to the HUB as a FAT32 drive. The plan is to only use this drive on the vWii side and keep the other drive running as the Wii U formatted side.

What did you determine to do?

ArgoRV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What is your current setup?
USA Console 5.5.5 Tiramisu with 1tb ssd
vwii with USB Loader GX with 500gb hdd

Are you saying you UNinstalled Tiramisu and installed Neogamma R9 Beta 56 instead?
I reinstalled Tiramisu, reinstalled usbloader gx, and was having problems with games on hdd. It was just set config to default

Moobaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just RE-followed and installed the cIOSesss using this https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding
I installed Tiramisu a couple weeks ago, but couldn't remember if I followed through updating/changing the OLD vWii cIOS. After doing that again and deleting the NAND injected USB Loader, I have been able to run the lastest versions of each software and set the settings to this "Global Settings - Loader Settings -> Game´s IOS - 249 and Loader´s IOS -> 58."

I formatted a SECOND drive into 2 partitions, the first being a FAT32 with the USB://games/ folder on the root of the HDD. The other partition I used WitGUI to format it as WBFS and am copying my ripped Wii games over.

So far, USB Loader AND Nintendont both see and play with GAMECUBE games. USB loader launches just fine, SEES the USB drive and gives NO errors when I select the option to SHOW the Wii games.

But, no Wii games are showing up.

What are your settings to get the Wii games to show? I deleted Wii Flow cause it can't see the USB no matter what I do. All the PATH settings and everything, it defaults everything to the SD and won't let you go up a level to select USB.

Again, ALL these games are legit, physically owned and ripped by me using CleanRip to the SD, then transferred via my MAC over to the HDD.

I tried to rip a game with USB Loader but it defaulted to putting it on SD://wbfs/ or on the USB FAT32 partition USB://wbfs/

Is there a way to rip games with USB Loader STRAIGHT to the WBFS partition on the HDD in order to avoid going back and forth between the computer?

Thanks everyone for all your work and ideas, eventually I think we'll get to the perfect Wii Machine! ;)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)
Is there a way to rip games with USB Loader STRAIGHT to the WBFS partition on the HDD in order to avoid going back and forth between the computer?
In USBLoader GX:

Insert a Game Disc please,wait a few Seconds and then you got a Pop Up Dialog,where you can "install" correctly the Game to your USB Device.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)