HELP: Vita crashes and shuts down when installing Henkaku thru henlo-bootstrap (3.74)

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title explains... I wanted to play games that require FW 3.69, but I was on 3.68. I got confusing info from the internet, and it seemed that I needed to at least be on 3.69 officially, so I started looking into upgrading my FW. Please note that I was previously using h-encore with no issues.

I was following a MrMario Tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXJgX5rgTw), but he begins already on 3.74 before downgrading to 3.65 using the web exploit, henlo-bootstrap and vitadeploy.

I was on 3.68, so I decided to upgrade to 3.74 before continuing. This was successful. I then tried using the web exploit, and it successfully sent me over to henlo-bootstrap. Then I went to install Henkaku and VitaDeploy. These both seem to work, but as soon as I go to Exit, my system crashes and shuts down.

I've found these instructions for people experiencing similar issues:

(A) "you should NEVER use gamesd AND StorageMgr at the same time.
Reason : both hooks suspend mode so it will crash shutdown PSVita.
Fix : remove the gamesd.skprx line in config.txt, save he file then reboot. "

(B) "Plugins? Reset taihen config"

However, these both require you to have installed Henkaku first. I can't even do this temporarily anymore because I would need h-encore2 (because of going from 3.68 --> 3.74 earlier), and h-encore cannot work. I can't access Vitashell to transfer h-encore2 over even.

So, what do I do? I'm pulling my hair out over this, please help!

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I'm aware of the guide. But I'm not "getting started". I have my SD card already set up to go. I just need a way to temporarily get things over to the Vita from my PC without having henkaku installed.
Post automatically merged:

Okay, I took your advice and decided to follow that guide you linked to. It makes no presumption at the beginning of having an sd2vits inserted, so I removed it before booting my Vita this time. I used henlo, and it STILL crashes the Vita if I exit after installing henkaku. I do briefly see something about taihen flash on screen before it shuts down, but it's only there for a second.

Last edited by FirM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: iH