Hacking help updating my 3.4 wii and why

mrpp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i got a question my firmware is 3.4 i just softmodded the other day should i use pimp my wii to update to a newer firmware or is there another way? also if i do what benefits will i have? right now i cant get on wii shop channel it says i need to update through nintendo but i read not to do that. any help would be appreciated thank you

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can update with the new versions of dop-ios if you want 4.0 or 4.1 remember to install IOS60 first and IOS70 for 4.2 then the system menu for your region

why you can use pre/priiloader for extra patches on the system menu like skip disk updates, region free channels and lots more

mrpp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank you i got the dop ios mod 8 but now im confused it says pick your iso to update but i have no idea what that means. it says if do wrong i can brick is there a step by step guide for an idiot? if you want 4.0 or 4.1 remember to install IOS60 first does this mean i just go in my 3.4 ios and go to ios60 to make it update to 4.1?so bascilly would that be all i have to do?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when it asks you what IOS to use use 250 and first go to IOS section press right till you see IOS60 press - button then A(to install) then A(to trucha patch) and wait for it to install then press B go to system menu section select your region(MODv9 has region detection) and then select what firmware you want and press A and install and you'll get the system menu you want done this on my 2 wii's from 3.2 all the way to 4.2 and back to 4.0

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
you can update with the new versions of dop-ios if you want 4.0 or 4.1 remember to install IOS60 first and IOS80 70 for 4.2 then the system menu for your region
yay.gif

mruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you use pimp my wii it will update you to 4.1
i used it to update from 3.2 without a hitch and i recommend using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.