Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi everyone here is my situation
I have a modded wii which have v3.2u, HBC , Gamma 0.3(Without 002 fix)
I want to change it to neo gamma as i have alot problem with games like virtual tennis 2k9 and wii sports resort etc
So im asking if that
1) my only solution is to format it and re upgrade?
2) or update it with a SD card with correct files?
Any one mind provide a good help for me as im stuck with this for months
and oh ya.. i want to do a nand backup
so can i do another nand backup when my HBC is already installed?
* Things to note *
My wii is already modded when i bought it so i dun even have any single experience on modding it
i have my SD card ready for any replies

I have read through the forums like ULTIAMTE system menu 4.0 or [Guide] Fully softmod any wii But to no avail.
Anyone mind provide me a very good tutorial to aid on my upgrading HBC and Backuploader to a newer version
Or any really related reference will do
Thanks in advance!
Please do help out!!! xD

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

The ULTIMATE guide is pretty straightforward. If you can't follow those steps, I don't really know how to make much of an easier guide than that. But since you are on 3.2, skip steps 6, 7, 9, and 10 and do step 12 before step 11.

Do NOT format your Wii. It's not really a good idea to do on softmodded Wii's and all it will accomplish is pretty much just erasing your save games and stuff if it doesn't brick you.

Just follow the guide minus those steps I mentioned and you should be fine. (Yes do the step to install the HBC as well as it will install a more recent version than the one you have.) Also make sure you have at least more than 540ish MB left on your SD card to make the NAND backup.

Also note that following the guide will just update your cIOS to rev10, and your system to 4.1 (which you should do regardless, though you may want to upgrade to cIOS rev14 instead.) You don't really need to do anything else to use NeoGamma. You can just put the boot.dol of NeoGamma R6 or R7 in a NeoGamma folder in your apps folder on the root of the SD card and run it through the HBC, or you can get a wad of NeoGamma R6 ( http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165485 ) and use wad manager 1.4 or 1.5 to install it (using IOS249) which will make a channel of it on your system menu.

If you need me to give you more step by step directions or something you could try catching me in the irc channel in my sig sometime. (Going to sleep now though).

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Omg thanks alot nabster92!
I will try it out and see if it works
Thanks!
* problem *
i cant seem to download the mediafire file as it is spoiled.
i click download yet it cant download
any mirrors?

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Nabster
i managed to install bootmii BUT as ios
So must i really need a gamecube controller to control the bootmii backup thingy?
Cause i dun have any and i cant find at the nearby game shops
Thanks for the help!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can only install it as the IOS version you can just skip the NAND backup if you don't have a GC controller. So now basically just skip to the cIOS installing, then if you're sure that installed successfully, do the dop-IOS step, and then the 4.1 updater step.

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
xxRAG3 said:
You're having trouble playing new games? Have you installed new IOSes? 38, 55, etc

Yea i cant play virtual tennis and conduit..
Urm not yet
New IOSes, how to check whether i have the new IOSes installed?
Any guides or progams?

@Nabster
But without a NANDBackup is cerntainly very risky in terms of modding a Wii console yea?
Maybe i shall get myself a gamecube controller
But if i just do the dop-IOS step, and then the 4.1 updater step.
Will i be able to play the games?
From what i heard from other post they said v3.2 is the best
So is it ok if i skip the 4.1 updater step?
By the way i cant download the online upgrade from ultimate 4.0 guide
Sorry for troubles guys

toonbetsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, i would like to reply here for once.
the ultimate system guide is really easy, the offline version being easyer than the online.
if you cant use that guide then you reallyl shouldn't mess with modding,
i made myself a nice sd card which i drag around with me for modding wii's where ever i go.
if you would follow the guide it is as easy as pie

get the files from the offline pack

run the hackmii installer trough hbc.
run trucha bug restorer(by WIIPOWER TNXX MATE) choose ios36 then downgrade ios15 from sd card
reboot
Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card.
the run the cios installer(cios rev 10 or whatever version you want)
the run the wad manager and install all the wads there are in your wad folder
run preloader using the hacks.ini from your region(yes yyou can look up the settings or how to install easy as pie)
run cioscorp
run preloader again(reboot when you get the system files corupt message then hold reset while rebooting)
the run the mios installer.

well it's realy this easy. just get the files follow the lines and figure out how to install preloader and using the correct hacks.ini.
i did these steps from scratch in just 2 hours, copied over the automated cioscorp installer to automate the process.
hell, i even got the new cioscorp v3.2 installer installing the wads i used to do with wad manager.(didn't try this yet, will today)
so if you woiuld read then you can do this.

if you can't?????????????

just download the ciosrev 14 installer somewhere and install that. for online just have a internet connection on your wii, if not then download the IOS38-64-v3610.wad put it in the root of the sd card and run the ciosrev 14 installer.
after that run wad manager or something similar to install the wad from the neogamma backup loader.

finished.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Atrozation said:
xxRAG3 said:
You're having trouble playing new games? Have you installed new IOSes? 38, 55, etc

Yea i cant play virtual tennis and conduit..
Urm not yet
New IOSes, how to check whether i have the new IOSes installed?
Any guides or progams?

@Nabster
But without a NANDBackup is cerntainly very risky in terms of modding a Wii console yea?
Maybe i shall get myself a gamecube controller
But if i just do the dop-IOS step, and then the 4.1 updater step.
Will i be able to play the games?
From what i heard from other post they said v3.2 is the best
So is it ok if i skip the 4.1 updater step?
By the way i cant download the online upgrade from ultimate 4.0 guide
Sorry for troubles guys

It's not gonna be any more risky to do this without making that NAND backup. Since you only have the IOS version, you wouldn't even be able to load bootmii unless you had preloader and you wouldn't have preloader until you're done upgrading everything else.

3.2 WAS good until bannerbomb and the hackmii installer came along and made everything work on anything. Now it's better to just update to 4.0/4.1 to get the extra benefits of the sd card menu and what not.

So right now just install your cIOS (either rev10 or rev14), run dop-IOS to install IOS60 with the sig hash check, and run the 4.1 updater. Then start using NeoGamma R6 or R7 instead of that gamma 0.3 loader you have. Delete that if you can so there's no confusion. Also for Wii Sports Resort, if you don't have the retail disc, then you will have to do some alt dol stuff the first time you play it to get it to work. There's a sticky on that in the backup loader forum.

QUOTE(toonbetsy @ Aug 10 2009, 02:37 AM)
Well, i would like to reply here for once.
the ultimate system guide is really easy, the offline version being easyer than the online.
if you cant use that guide then you reallyl shouldn't mess with modding,
i made myself a nice sd card which i drag around with me for modding wii's where ever i go.
if you would follow the guide it is as easy as pie

get the files from the offline pack

run the hackmii installer trough hbc.
run trucha bug restorer(by WIIPOWER TNXX MATE) choose ios36 then downgrade ios15 from sd card
reboot
Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card.
the run the cios installer(cios rev 10 or whatever version you want)
the run the wad manager and install all the wads there are in your wad folder
run preloader using the hacks.ini from your region(yes yyou can look up the settings or how to install easy as pie)
run cioscorp
run preloader again(reboot when you get the system files corupt message then hold reset while rebooting)
the run the mios installer.

well it's realy this easy. just get the files follow the lines and figure out how to install preloader and using the correct hacks.ini.
i did these steps from scratch in just 2 hours, copied over the automated cioscorp installer to automate the process.
hell, i even got the new cioscorp v3.2 installer installing the wads i used to do with wad manager.(didn't try this yet, will today)
so if you woiuld read then you can do this.

if you can't?????????????

just download the ciosrev 14 installer somewhere and install that. for online just have a internet connection on your wii, if not then download the IOS38-64-v3610.wad put it in the root of the sd card and run the ciosrev 14 installer.
after that run wad manager or something similar to install the wad from the neogamma backup loader.

finished.

He doesn't need to run the Trucha Bug Restorer from where he is, he's on 3.2. Everything has the trucha bug. He definitely doesn't NEED to run CIOSCORP. That should not really be used at all without at least knowing what it does to your system.

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thank you both of you guys!
Really thank you guys alot!
I will try it out tmrw and give a reply here
Do continue to help me so i can help others in future!
really thank you nabster

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry i was away due to my wii set was sent to a technician by my mum as she say he would modify it..
But infact he doesn know how..LOL
I am getting back my wii and also my gamcube controller this monday
So im able to do a NANDbackup
Nabster i recently read a threat said Bootmii killed my wii..
I was curious and wondering why Almost all of them said Bootmii as IOS is useless and if really i got a brick on my wii set
i cant recover it..
So as to say i cant make my wii set brickfree?
Hope you can clear my doubts..
Thanks!

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're right! Installing BootMii as an IOS won't save you from a brick.
You will have to install preloader too. It's not as "brick-proof" as bootmii, but better than nothing.

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks to everyone who have helped me in here
i have successfully updated my Wii to version 4.1u with negaomma R7 and a Preloader
I also did my wii backup as i borrowed a GC controller from my friend
Now my last question
Do you(Nabster) recommend that i should update my WII's HBC as there is a new Hackmii installer v0.3?
Need a reply thank you very much!!!xD

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think a GC controller was needed to make a backup of your NAND with Bootmii, I made one yesterday without it, tho it is kinda pointless if you have Bootmii has an IOS since you still need to be able to launch HBC and if you can do that you can probably fix whatever bricked you Wii in the 1st place without the need for a NAND backup.

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jakejm79 said:
I didn't think a GC controller was needed to make a backup of your NAND with Bootmii, I made one yesterday without it, tho it is kinda pointless if you have Bootmii has an IOS since you still need to be able to launch HBC and if you can do that you can probably fix whatever bricked you Wii in the 1st place without the need for a NAND backup.

Haha i installed mine bootmii as IOS
so basically i have to use GC controller to do a backup
Well its sort of useless for Bootmii IOS but better than nothing LOL
Well my question is
Issit reccomended i update to the latest HBC?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it has a IOS too, you can navigate with the power and reset buttons to do the backup. The only real advantage would be to have a working backup is in case there became a way in the future to install it back without having to go to the HBC or to use it with an external flash programmer.
Depending how much of the guide you followed you may have the most recent HBC.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Atrozation said:
i have successfully updated my Wii to version 4.1u with negaomma R7 and a Preloader
Now my last question
Do you(Nabster) recommend that i should update my WII's HBC as there is a new Hackmii installer v0.3?

I'd just stay where you are now, your HBC is probably already up to date (1.0.3) if you installed bootmii from the beta 0.2 installer. I think there are some problems with this new 0.3 bootmii that need to be worked out and a new version may be released soon as a result. For now I'm pretty sure the 0.2 beta is more stable. So just leave it as is.

Atrozation

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
nabster92 said:
Atrozation said:
Now my last question

I'd just stay where you are now, your HBC is probably already up to date (1.0.3) if you installed bootmii from the beta 0.2 installer. I think there are some problems with this new 0.3 bootmii that need to be worked out and a new version may be released soon as a result. For now I'm pretty sure the 0.2 beta is more stable. So just leave it as is.

Omg thanks! You are one great help in this forum! xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1