Help updating AK2i for console 3DS4.2 and DSi1.4.4.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Cetacea, Jul 17, 2012.

Jul 17, 2012
  1. Cetacea
    OP

Newcomer Cetacea Newbie

So a few days ago I managed to get my AK2i updated using an old DS so it worked on my 3DS which is currently Ver. 4.1.0-8U. I haven't updated my 3DS yet because it had said not to. I saw they just released another firmware update that once working will allow me to update my 3DS. However, when I tried to update my card with it, it wouldn't let me and the moment the update screen was up it said it was cancelled. I tried it in my old DS but same problem. I thought that since my card works with my current 3DS and I haven't updated my 3DS yet that I should just be able to update the AK2i with this new firmware. Is there some reason I am unable to?

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Is your AK2i the HW44 model or the HW81 one? AKAIO and the updater program itself can tell you.

On your 3DS, are you sure you are using the file "ak2ifw_update_3ds42_dsi144_onDSi_DSXL_3DS.nds"? The other file will NOT work on a 3DS.

Edit - and for the record, I updated my little brother's AK2i with that file today from my 3DS on 4.1, and it does indeed work.

3. Cetacea
    OP

Newcomer Cetacea Newbie

Not sure which model it is. It looks like the one they currently have pictured. I am using the correct nds file.

I just ended up doing what I did last time, which was taking the AIKAO 1.8.9 off it and putting ak2_423_20100721_release instead. Then putting it in my old DS, updating it with the new firmware, and then changing back to AKAIO 1.8.9 and it seems to be fine now. No idea why it wouldn't work, but that did the trick. I now have some sort of Tennis icon instead of the sword so it must have changed the firmware.

4. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    You're not the first person I've heard who had a problem running this update with AKAIO, despite the fact that it's supposed to run fine.

And yeah, the tennis icon is the right one.

Glad you got it to work!