Hacking [HELP] Unlit/black Brick on New 3ds

GraphicsCow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this happened about 2 years ago. Just found it again and just want a working DS, regardless of region or whether homebrew will work on it or not.
I have a Japanese New 3DS and I think I tried doing something with sysNAND to change the language to English. (its been too long and I don't remember, I think I was attempting to change the region?)
All I know now is that It doesn't seem like I have a backup of sysNAND and anytime I boot my 3ds its just unlit and nothing comes up. I've tried all the recovery methods but none seem to work.
Anybody have any idea what I can do? Do I have to do any hard mod thing? (I do have access to soldering but I'd rather not, but I can if I have too)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you hold Select does the Luma config come on? Does the blue light go on then off or stay on?

If the answer to the first is yes, do a CTR transfer
If the answer to the second is "on then off", you just need to fi do the right boot file - try arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5, or boot.firm from Luma 7.1, or boot.firm from Luma 9.0. One of these will get your console to turn on.

If the answer to the first is no, and second is "blue light stays on", then get an ntrboot capable flashcart and install b9s, the you should be able to revive it with a CTR transfer once you have B9S. See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse