HELP! Uninstalled Nver with FBI, did I brick my console?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by sissi6, Dec 20, 2016.

1. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    I hope this is the right place to post this. I searched with google for answers about this but couldn't find anything.

I have a 2DS with 9.5.0-19E firm, no cfw, just menuhax and a few legit cias installed.

I wanted to access the eShop without updating the console, so I used this guide.
    After doing everything like it said, I didn't see any changes, so i wanted to try again, by deleting Nver, friends system-module, mint, and eShop, and then installing the cias again.

I deleted the 4 things in FBI, then turned off the console to take out the sd card and insert the cias into it. Now menuhax won't launch at boot anymore, neither anything else in my home menu, not even system settings. :(

Did I brick my console? Can this be fixed?

DrkBeam likes this.
  2. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Official depressed pikachu

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    hardmod if you have a nand backup

3. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    I don't have a nand backup unfortunately. Is it still possible to make it, and if yes, would it help? Or are there any other ways to fix this?

4. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Official depressed pikachu

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    No, sadly. Try holding D-Pad up, A and L and R. You will sadly be updated to the latest firm and that is not downgradable.

5. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    Well if you create a nand backup now, it will just be a dysfunctional backup since the system files are already missing. If Recovery Mode doesn't work, then your 3DS is pretty much lost.

6. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    Oh well. :( That's still better than a bricked console though. Thanks for your help!

I thought so. Still thanks!

7. Raugo

Raugo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2014
    The home menu works? You can load cartbridge games?

8. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    Yes, the home menu works, cartridge games don't show up.

Also, when I try to launch into recovery mode, I just get a black screen. So is it bricked with no point of return? :(

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can't access the browser either, right?

10. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    Sadly no, it just hangs on the "Internet Browser" screen.

11. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I don't think there's much you can do.
    Where you went wrong is when you turned off the console, that was a bad decision.

12. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    Yeah, for sure. That makes me really heartbroken. :(
    As a last resort, does it help any that I have an unmodded 3DS with the latest firmware?

13. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Not really. At least you can hack the other 3DS.
    Next time make a NAND backup before you mess with system titles.

14. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    Sigh. :( Well, thanks for trying to help!

15. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do you have a9lh? Maybe you can do a 9.2 CTR transfer using Hourglass9?

Edit: never mind I didn't read OP properly
    Edit2: maybe as a last shot, there is a key combination you can hold down to make a cartridge start at boot up and bypass the home menu. If that worked you could use Cubic Ninja to get into homebrew and then SysDowngrader to 9.2 (or update to 10.3 or anything where the update cias are available).

Last edited by Quantumcat, Dec 21, 2016
    SirHaxALot likes this.
  16. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    I looked it up, and that button combination only works if the system was never set up, i.e. new straight from the box. Still, thanks for your input!

Anyway, I've been thinking of another, probably the last one, way of saving the console. I'm willing to try to fix it at least until next month, when I'll be able to get a new one instead. (By the way I'm so determined about fixing it because it's not even mine. It's my sister's, and also most of the time we're pretty short on cash, so yeah.)

Onto my idea, I don't know if it's even possible or not, or if it will work, BUT it's about the menuhax. When I try to launch it at boot, it actually does it's thing like usual, until it stops on a yellow lower screen. I was thinking, does it hang because of the lack of Nver? (and/or the other things that I deleted?)
    And if yes, is there any way to modify menuhax so that it doesn't need Nver / ignores it / make it think there is some version of Nver, even if there actually isn't one?
    Or is it fully impossible, as Nver is something that menuhax absolutely needs to even boot?

Also I am NOT asking anyone to do this for me, for now I just want to know if something like this is possible at all. If by any chance I'll be able to access the homebrew launcher through menuhax, I would just install Nver back into the console with NASA.

Thanks to anyone who reads this and tries to help.

17. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    Earth
    Just to confirm, you do have boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card still, right? For the longest time, I was confounded by menuhax not launching, and it turns out that this was because it didn't have anything to launch. I can't imagine you deleted that as well, but it seems like I'd throw that shot in the dark out on the off chance that "whoops, had it in wrong the whole time!"

There was another possibility that springs to mind, but since you cannot run anything at the moment you also would be unable to install a different payload.

Still though, I would consider double checking that boot.3dsx is still there and in good condition. Perhaps grab a fresh copy from the starter kit and throwing it in there just to make sure. Couldn't hurt anything any worse to check. Failing that, might just need to bite it and boot recovery mode; a working game system is better than one that doesn't work, especially if it isn't yours to begin with.

18. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    If you bought the console brand new than contact Nintendo about having it shipped to them for repair. At least then the console will be fully functional and ready for whatever the 11.2 hack is called.

19. sissi6
    OP

sissi6 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Poland
    The file is there, and I'm pretty sure it's the newest version. And I did try booting into Recovery Mode but it doesn't work either. I just get a black screen.

I bought it used, so I don't think I can try that.

Thanks for trying to help!