Hacking Help undubbing Unlimited Adventure

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a problem with a project I started. I recently decided to undertake the task of undubbing the video game One Piece Unlimited Adventure. This task has proven much harder than I orignaly planned, but I still wish to finish it. Here is what I have done.

I have used trucha to extract all of the sound files from the Japanese game.

I have tried to replace the files using wii scrubber, but this proves both tedious and ineffective as when I get to the first bit of dialogue the game semi-freezes (The sound doesn't play, but the cursor over the enimies head still moves, and you can press the home button to bring you back to the wii menu, but nothing happens.

So what I am wondering is if it is possible if I can swap the sound files between the two games in one fell swoop, or if I can do it quickly one by one. Obviously I would need something to not only replace the files, but also allow the size to not matter when exchanging files.

Also I probably should include I am using the Japanese ISO for the audio files, and the American version to play the game.

If you want to be a part of helping me, then please do since this is such a huge project for one person.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiscrubber can extract files and replace them with ones of a larger size. ive never done a audio swap by hand, but i think youre gonna have to. just make sure the audio files are the same name as the original, same encoding, and the fst gets updated to reflect your changes. at least this is how its done with swapping other files in other games.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know if they have the same encoding? And better yet, how do you update the fst?

Edit: By same encoding, do you mean same file type?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually whatever tool you decode a file in will be able to encode the replacement file. or it will tell you what encoding it uses. i really doubt youre gonna run across some .wav files in a ISO. wiiscrubber should take care of the fst crap for you. just check behind it.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's something else I encountered. I specificly extraced the problem files and here's what I found.

The files are like this.

e_luf_024.brstm contains the sound file used

I also uses e_luf_024b.brstm. This file isn't present in the Japanese version. e_luf_024.brstm and e_luf_024b.brstm sound similar and I would assume are there to complete the file.

The last one is e_luf_024_b.brstm. This doesn't appear to be used by the game since the file is in Japanese in the english game already.

So would I guess I should ask if I should replace or delete the file. If delete, how?

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did another test last night, and when I replaced a different sound file, but instead of glitching it played in English. Any suggestions?

Edit: I should also add that I tried with a different audio part, but it either freezes or switches to English. Does anyone know what my problem is?

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for multiple posting, I really don't want this thread to die yet, so I'll post some more info.

I replaced the first 5 bits of audio in the game. I would post a video, but I can't so I'll explain:

The first bit (After the first cgi cutscene) is in English despite the fact that I replaced it. When Luffy gets to the first dialogue accomping text that is also still in English despite also being replaced. Ater that, he says something else and then the game freezes. Is there a guide to replacing brstm files that anyone knows about maybe? I've tried everything I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: