Hacking [Help] Unable to downgrade Native Firmware with dgTool

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been following Plailect's DSI downgrade guide and have gotten to the final step where you downgrade your Native Firmware to 10.4. However, the downgrade option is not showing up on dgTool. This is what i see
upload_2016-7-25_8-44-42.png

Any help wold be appreciated

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The downgrade process needs to be done in a PC. You need to dump your nand_o3ds.bin, modify it according to the guide and that will generate a new NAND dump which you will inject with that firmware tool.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The downgrade process needs to be done in a PC. You need to dump your nand_o3ds.bin, modify it according to the guide and that will generate a new NAND dump which you will inject with that firmware tool.
Thank you for your reply. With no disrespect, i am not seeing anything on Plailect's guide about modifying my nand_o3ds.bin. I have that file but the guide just says back it up and store it. How would i go about modifying it?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope. There are two methods for downgrading from 11: hardmod OR DSiWare method. You don't need to do both. The whole point of the DSiWare mod is to not have to do the hardmod.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have been following Plailect's DSI downgrade guide and have gotten to the final step where you downgrade your Native Firmware to 10.4. However, the downgrade option is not showing up on dgTool. This is what i see
View attachment 57176

Did you make sure to download and extract the correct dgtool zip file to your SD card? And you already ran the tool once to dump your NAND? And didn't remove it from the SD card? You were to back it up, not remove it.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. There are two methods for downgrading from 11: hardmod OR DSiWare method. You don't need to do both. The whole point of the DSiWare mod is to not have to do the hardmod.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
The software won't modify the nand backup, you need to do it yourself like you did with a hardmod, besides the use of the hardmod the process is the same

Did you make sure to download and extract the correct dgtool zip file to your SD card?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe you should read up on the tools before posting? https://github.com/Plailect/dgTool

Edit: The tool requires you dump your system's nand, and then it'll do its thing. You have to use the files in the zip from Plailect's guide for his tool to work. But it is a PC-less method now.

Last edited by OrGoN3, , Reason: added an explanation

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should read up on the tools before posting? https://github.com/Plailect/dgTool

Edit: The tool requires you dump your system's nand, and then it'll do its thing. You have to use the files in the zip from Plailect's guide for his tool to work. But it is a PC-less method now.
Actually based on that page you linked you only need to dump FIRM0 FIRM1, which my best guess would be the "backup firmware" option.
Actually you are wrong. If you checked the recently updated guide by plailect he released a tool that downgrades FIRM straight from the 3ds.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
View attachment 57176

You actually have outdated files on your 3DS. You don't have dgtool on it but fwtool 1.6.
Just go to the guide and get the new files. Do the exploit again and you are good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.