[Help] TWiLight Menu++ stuck on black screen after launching it from the launcher

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gaming796, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Gaming796
    OP

Gaming796 Gaming since 4

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    In your head
    I just installed v7.2.0 of TWiLight Menu++ and tried to boot it using the launcher. But when I tap "Start TWiLight Menu++", it shows the DSi loading screen and then boots into a black screen which says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details.". TWiLight Menu++ worked fine up to v7.1.0, but when I recently updated it, it broke. I tried reinstalling TWL_FIRM in case it got corrupt but no luck. I also deleted TWiLight Menu++ entirely (uninstalled CIAs, deleted the BOOT.nds file and the _nds folder) and re-installed it from scratch and yet no luck. Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong?

2. mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Did you install the two cias included in the 7zip? Mine's working perfectly even the new cheat feature.

3. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Gaming796 likes this.
  4. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    How do I install the new version? Do I just delete the other cias?

5. Mikitok

Mikitok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    New Zealand
    Yes delete from dsi settings the old twilight menu++

6. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    So i installed the two cia's and deleted the old twilight menu and the new one never showed up.

7. Mikitok

Mikitok Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2019
    New Zealand
    First delete old twiligt menu++ and install new version on gitub page have tutorial to update