Hacking [Help] Trying to get ORAS retail cart save to .CIA save

JosephKav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got cubic ninja yesterday to use my gateway (N3DSXL) and, as the title says, I'm trying to get the save from my retail ORAS cart so that it can be used in the ORAS CIA I have installed.

So far I have tried:
  • Running the game in Gateway Classic mode then using savedatafiler to export then save and then clicking import but that did not seem to do anything
  • I also tried dumping the whole cart from gateway menu and then putting it on the red card. I then loaded ORAS and opened savedatafiler but it said CTR card broken or something along those lines and when I tried to open the game it said save corrupted.
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Reactions: Margen67

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe you could use the ntr cfw with the save plugin to dump the savegame and restore it in gateway mode with the savedatafiler to the cia.
Importend is that you need to remove the secure value in savedatafiler.
I will test it later, but after what i read it should work.

JosephKav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i got the main file after using the NTR save plugin as you said, how would I go about importing this using savedatafiler?

I'm gonna try dumping my cart again then creating a new save, exporting that with safedatafiler, switching the main files then reimporting.
When exporting after running the game through classic I received no main file so hopefully this works.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let us know your results. I am considering getting Cubic Ninja so I could put a CIA save back onto my cartridge.

JosephKav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried exporting the save from my dumped cart but I just get CTR Card -- broken --, once again. If anyone knows what i'm doing wrong it would be much appreciated.

JosephKav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let us know your results. I am considering getting Cubic Ninja so I could put a CIA save back onto my cartridge.
I'm trying to do the reverse of that, i guess you would be able to get the CIA save through savedatafiler then just restore the save using the NTR save plugin

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Install save data transfer tool from the eshop if you can still access it, I'm guessing you can't because 9.6 was released a few days ago and Gateway hasn't released a new update yet.

But i know you can definitely use this method (i have tried all the way upto the last warning message saying once the save is transferred to the eshop (CIA) version, it can never be returned to the cartridge.

Also another note to add from personal experience, savedatafiler launched in Gateway classic mode/palantine CFW can not read saves from CARD 2 type cartridges. I've been down this path before, it's impossible. No matter what i tried, i always get -- BROKEN --The 3DS save system is very complex and involves different encryption methods as the system menu version increases :(

Reactions: JosephKav

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried exporting the save from my dumped cart but I just get CTR Card -- broken --, once again. If anyone knows what i'm doing wrong it would be much appreciated.

Have you tried naming your rom from .3DS to .3DZ? A while back when I dumped my Y save, I seem to remember SDF and the game claiming my save was corrupted/broken until I renamed it. Also, if you have a CIA already installed, why not try exporting its save, then overwriting main with the one you dumped from your ROM/cart? Just make sure to delete the "secure value" after it's imported successfully, or ORAS/XY will claim your save isn't meant for that version (which is a lie).

JosephKav

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried naming your rom from .3DS to .3DZ? A while back when I dumped my Y save, I seem to remember SDF and the game claiming my save was corrupted/broken until I renamed it. Also, if you have a CIA already installed, why not try exporting its save, then overwriting main with the one you dumped from your ROM/cart? Just make sure to delete the "secure value" after it's imported successfully, or ORAS/XY will claim your save isn't meant for that version (which is a lie).
I made a save on the CIA and exported it and replaced the main file then imported it and deleted the secure value and it works! Thanks a lot :)

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would you happen to know whether I can just copy the whole Nintendo 3DS folder to backup my saves or if I have to do something else?

I would just use savedatafiler to export it, then you can make backups/edits as required. I've never tried copying that entire folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all