Hacking HELP!! Triiforce dii-syncing my Wiimotes

mancscum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive managed to get Triiforce to work (installing WADs via WAD2NAND) - BUT!!! it keeps knocking off my pads all the time..

Ive searched about for hrs now, and the only relation ive found is what someone else has posted on another forum.. but one does not have a clue what he's chattin about!!

QUOTE said:
Uhm... never mind! I figured out my commonkey.bin was corrupt somehow... It only did this with wads i later added with showmiiwads! I let showmiiwads regenerate the key and voila, everything boots AND exits normally!

Again, sorry for being a total noob... and thnx anyway for the quick reply!
1) I didnt use Showmiiwads to start with
2) I can see the commonkey.bin in the folder with WADS2NAND (lol I must stop tying WADS2NADS)
3) I have no idea what i'm doing

Loaded one of the wads to try it.. now ive noticed that there is an option to "Create Common Key"

Do I just select that option, copy the "new" common-key.bin from the Showmiiwads folder

Replace the "common-key.bin" in the WADS2NAND folder?

Then presume to reinstall the wad from there again?

hank987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem.

As soon as you start the game from within Triiforce, the Wiimote looses sync. The gamecube controller will work for the game, however.

And, after rebooting the Wii, the wiimote needs to be manually synced to the console.

I did a disc clone of the USB drive to a bigger drive - maybe that has something to do with it?

mmoore5553

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this same issue with wii remote would loose sync and i found out i had to install truncha ios over again ... This only works on 3.1 -4.1 system menu

a) Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job, keep an eye on what it is doing and make sure you select 'load from sd card' when it asks & don't get any errors.

b) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time select to load IOS15 on first screen using dpad left/right, then select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.

c) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.

i also installed ios70-patched. Which i should not cause i am not on 4.1 but it fixed my wii sync freeze.

Hope this helps you.

hank987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks mmoore...

I re-read the quote in the first post, and something came to mind. I cloned this USB drive from a different Wii - perhaps that's where the problem is?

Is it possible to use a commonkey.bin on a different Wii, or is it unique to each Wii?

I'm going to wipe the titles and tickets and try it again... This time from the beginning without taking a shortcut.

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
forget commonkey.bin

- What wad (game) you are trying? (vc games only use classic/gc controller)
- what firmware are you using?

My suggestion is to use pimpmywii updating/installing outdated/missing ios and give it a new try.

mmoore5553

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try redoing the truncha ...like i said this happen to me and that is how it fixed it. What system menu you have ?

hank987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies...

Here's the story: Wii #1 - got Triiforce MRC working great. Wiiware & VC games work great - including with the Wiimote.

Cloned the USB HDD (WBFS partition, FAT32 partition) to another 1TB HDD

Wii#2 - Triiforce works, but the Wiimote doesn't - either with Wiiware or VC games.

I'll try out PimpMyWii and see what it comes up with... (Thanks for the suggestion).

Both Wiis are on 4.2U.

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, you are unable to use the NAND dump from one Wii on a different Wii without having some issues. I believe (don't quote me on this) you will need to replace the "Shared2" folder of the NAND dump with that of the 2nd Wii's NAND...

hank987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know - I'll try that next time.

twig123 said:
To my knowledge, you are unable to use the NAND dump from one Wii on a different Wii without having some issues. I believe (don't quote me on this) you will need to replace the "Shared2" folder of the NAND dump with that of the 2nd Wii's NAND...

Sparklex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hank987 said:
PimpMyWii to the rescue - works great now.

Thanks.
My pleasure
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM