Help...Transferring Ambassador to new 3DS XL without updating...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by axe_1986, Jan 21, 2014.

1. axe_1986
    OP

axe_1986 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2011
    Hi Guys,

I have an original 3DS which has my ambassador account on its Version 5.1.0 which i want to transfer it to my new 3ds XL, if i try a system transfer it requires me to update the original 3ds which i don't want to do.

I have called nintendo and they won't transfer the ambassador account over to the new console, even though i said i lost it, and i haven't made shop purchases other than the free ones.

Is there any way to update it and then downgrade back or any way to get it across onto the 3ds xl without updating the original 3ds? Or any way to get nintendo to transfer it without black listing the original 3ds (if thats possible)

Thanks for any help guys

2. Nintendofanboy

Nintendofanboy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2014
    Gambia, The
    The only way is to update

3. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I'll keep it simple. Not without hardware mods. Transferring means updating both. You CAN hardware mod the first one, back up the NAND, update it to transfer, then restore the NAND to downgrade. There is no way to keep the 3DS you are transferring to on its original firmware though.

4. axe_1986
    OP

axe_1986 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks both, ill try moaning at nintendo again, see if they will do it.

5. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    Wouldn't a system transfer to emuNAND 2.0b2 @ firmware 7.1 work, even though its not recommended because of all the bricks?

6. Cyberdrive

Cyberdrive GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
  7. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You could try a little social engineering by calling Nintendo and telling them that the Ambassador 3DS broke. You have the serial numbers of both 3DSes that you could provide for them so they could transfer the licenses on their end. I wouldn't try to connect the old 3DS to the internet for a few months, but who cares if you have your Ambassador status on your XL anyways?