Homebrew HELP transfering emunand to another SD card

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so im use usb image tool, i create a backup and inject in the new sd card (8gb to 16gb), finished, but windows ask to format SD and EaseUS detect Unformatted and when i go to format in windows he show the SD card have 6GB.

so i have to format and use EaseUS resize/move partition?

PLEASE HELP

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP HERE PLEASE!!!
please, don't bump your own thread. Especially 3 times. It's against the rules. You only posted the thread 40 minutes ago, give it time jeeze. Anyway, make an emunand backup using sd card number 1, go into emunand9 with sd card number 2, select format to rednand. When that's finished, copy all the files from sd card 1 to 2 and restore your emunand backup.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
please, don't bump your own thread. Especially 3 times. It's against the rules. You only posted the thread 40 minutes ago, give it time jeeze. Anyway, make an emunand backup using sd card number 1, go into emunand9 with sd card number 2, select format to rednand. When that's finished, copy all the files from sd card 1 to 2 and restore your emunand backup.
YOU DON'T READ?
I CAN'T ACCESS THE SD CARD WINDOWS ASK TO FORMAT BUT HE FAIL ON FORMAT, I DOWNLOAD OTHER PROGRAMS TO FORMAT BUT ANYONE DETECT THE SD NOW THE ONLYONE IS EASEUS BUT I FORMAT THE CARD WITH HIM AND WINDOWS STILL ASK TO FORMAT

Dabu47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are asking for help. Please don't be aggressive and don't abuse of MAJ.

Answer will come faster if you stay calm.
Thank you.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU DON'T READ?
I CAN'T ACCESS THE SD CARD WINDOWS ASK TO FORMAT BUT HE FAIL ON FORMAT, I DOWNLOAD OTHER PROGRAMS TO FORMAT BUT ANYONE DETECT THE SD NOW THE ONLYONE IS EASEUS BUT I FORMAT THE CARD WITH HIM AND WINDOWS STILL ASK TO FORMAT
he other partition is the emunand. The easiest way to get rid of it is backing up the sd card and using emunand9 to format it without an emunand

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup files on 8gb sd card
Backup emunand on 8gb gb card
Insert the files and emunand.bin (or whatever its called) on 16gb sd card
Insert 16gb sd card into your 3ds
Go to Emunand9 and format emunand
Restore emunand

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Backup files on 8gb sd card
Backup emunand on 8gb gb card
Insert the files and emunand.bin (or whatever its called) on 16gb sd card
Insert 16gb sd card into your 3ds
Go to Emunand9 and format emunand
Restore emunand
OMG I CAN'T CAN'T
ACCESS MY 16GB SD CARD WINDOWS ASK TO FORMAT AND FAIL IN THE PROCCESS, ONLY EASEUS PARTITION MASTER CAN SEE THE 16GB CARD BUT WHEN I FORMAT WITH THIS PROGRAM NOTHING CHANGE WINDOWS STILL WANTS FORMAT AND FAIL.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I CAN'T CAN'T
ACCESS MY 16GB SD CARD WINDOWS ASK TO FORMAT AND FAIL IN THE PROCCESS, ONLY EASEUS PARTITION MASTER CAN SEE THE 16GB CARD BUT WHEN I FORMAT WITH THIS PROGRAM NOTHING CHANGE WINDOWS STILL WANTS FORMAT AND FAIL.
are you even worth helping at this point?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, it becaus i can't format the card i need to format here when i live don't have any store selling an sd card bigger than 8gb, and when I found one, it was a very high price.
i don't want to buy another.
so taking it slow, i need info thats...... coherent. So what exactly is the problem?

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so taking it slow, i need info thats...... coherent. So what exactly is the problem?
i follow a tutorial to transfer emunand and files to another SD, so i used USB image tool i create an "iso" of my 8gb sd card, but when i inject in the 16gb SD... THE SD DEAD i can't format in windows or in any other programs and can't access the sd.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i follow a tutorial to transfer emunand and files to another SD, so i used USB image tool i create an "iso" of my 8gb sd card, but when i inject in the 16gb SD... THE SD DEAD i can't format in windows or in any other programs and can't access the sd.
If windows doesnt even prompt, and doesnt display the sd card. It might be broken. In that case i would make sure the sd card works in the 3ds. If windows can read it, but it's asking to format, maybe the 3ds could unformat it with emunand9.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If windows doesnt even prompt, and doesnt display the sd card. It might be broken. In that case i would make sure the sd card works in the 3ds. If windows can read it, but it's asking to format, maybe the 3ds could unformat it with emunand9.
using easeus i format to FAT32 but he won't format, he show Unformatted

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using easeus i format to FAT32 but he won't format, he show Unformatted
I dont really understand what that means sorry. But from what i gather the sd card shows up as unformatted, even though you formatted it to fat32? And does it happen after multiple times? Sorry i just cant understand.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont really understand what that means sorry. But from what i gather the sd card shows up as unformatted, even though you formatted it to fat32? And does it happen after multiple times? Sorry i just cant understand.
sorry sometimes i use google translator but now i don't use him XD
so... to access the SD i need format, but i can't do it because windows fail in format and any other programs fail too.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry sometimes i use google translator but now i don't use him XD
so... to access the SD i need format, but i can't do it because windows fail in format and any other programs fail too.
im not an expert on windows, so im not too sure about that. My only suggestion is maybe the 3ds can wipe the partitions with emunand9. Theres an option called format sd no emunand, that might get rid of whatever the issue is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: 4 months and no help :(