Homebrew [Help] Transfer saves from Nintendo 3DS folder to an empty saved game

RapdElzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

A friend, for some reason, formatted his console and ended up loosing all his game's savedata. He made a backup of all files in a SD card, but the games don't recognize the save data on the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Is there a way to transfer the savedata from the SD Nintendo 3DS folder to the new installed games?

I know that i could inject a nand backup on the formatted 3DS, but I think he doesn't have one.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.

A friend, for some reason, formatted his console and ended up loosing all his game's savedata. He made a backup of all files in a SD card, but the games don't recognize the save data on the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Is there a way to transfer the savedata from the SD Nintendo 3DS folder to the new installed games?

I know that i could inject a nand backup on the formatted 3DS, but I think he doesn't have one.
AFAIK when you format the console you lose that systems encryption of the gamesaves. They are useless to you now. You would need to backup the saves through JKSM or checkpoint in the future to have decrypted saves to inject into other consoles

RapdElzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK when you format the console you lose that systems encryption of the gamesaves. They are useless to you now. You would need to backup the saves through JKSM or checkpoint in the future to have decrypted saves to inject into other consoles

Yeah, but, would there be a way to get the saves from the folder itself? I know that what he has right now is pretty useless :/

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, but, would there be a way to get the saves from the folder itself? I know that what he has right now is pretty useless :/
No, they require the encryption of the console before the reformat, which means that JKSM had to be used before hand. They are there, but are useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb