Hacking HELP! touch screen does not respond after flash

poisonousj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, major kudos to anyone who can help me on this...

I attempted to flash a friend's DS Lite, after hitting 1% it cuts off. Now it is bricked, recovery mode doesn't do anything. Power it on and green status light comes on but no image, no boot, nothing.

I open up the bricked DS Lite and my own working flashed DS Lite.

I unplugged the bricked DS Lite's BIOS chip, plugged in my working DS Lite BIOS chip into the bricked DS Lite.

I booted the bricked DS Lite with my M3 Simply.

I unplugged the working DS Lite BIOS chip from the bricked DS and returned the bricked BIOS back into the bricked DS Lite.

I loaded FlashMe V7 and shorted the SL1 till it hit 100%. Got the success message.

Now previously bricked DS Lite boots up with my M3 Simply perfect and everything runs perfect!

HOWEVER...

Now when I boot up the previously bricked DS Lite WITHOUT the m3 simply, the touchscreen does not respond!!!

HELP!!!!!

poisonousj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not an option
tongue.gif

poisonousj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*update*

I figured out that this only effects the Warning Screen and the DS Menu screen (with Pictochat, settings, etc)

Once I load a retail cart, the touchscreen responds like a champ.

I have tried flashing it with NOFLASHME and then flashing it back to v7 and v8 with same results?

Any ideas? I'm about to give up.
hate2.gif

poisonousj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if my slot 1 m3 simply is inserted when I turn on the DS, it boots straight to it and works fine. was that what you were asking? again it only seems that the settings options and areas such as picto chat doesn't respond.

NaxSquall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guam
I almost have the same exact problem.

Same thing happened with my DS Lite; bricked. I did the BIOS swap and everything was working fine until I noticed the WiFi on the bricked DS no longer works. Any help on this?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an old topic but...

If something happens to your DS when you flash it, send it to Nintendo for an exchange. Conveniently do not mention how you were using your DS for piracy when with customer support
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate