[HELP] Top screen displays wrong colors

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Firtermish, Nov 25, 2007.

Nov 25, 2007
  1. Firtermish

Newcomer Firtermish Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Oh why, hello thar. I'm rather new to the forums but I've been reading GBA Temp's homepage ever since I acquired my NDSL .

And since that time until this very day, many things have happened . One of them is my favorite little bidisplayed console having a ... " plastic surgery " , by which I changed its shell to a transparent Shocki . But anyway, that's not what brings me here.

My upper screen has started to do something very weird. I started noticing this .. issue.. a couple of weeks ago, with CO4 ( great game , I recommend it ) , but I thought it was related to the game itself and in fact it's not.

Colors ( any color ) turns either purple or green , at random ( meaning white pixels usually remain white but any other color might turn into green or purple/violet ). This I reckon is probably not an issue of the screen itself, since it works perfectly if i don't put a hand on my DS , but it's rather triggered by the usage of the L shoulder button. Of course moving the console by other means might also produce the same effect, but for instance right now it is impossible for me to play a game using L without triggering this unbearable interference.

What do you guys think this is caused by ?. Should I check the cable that connects the motherboard to the upper screen ? or maybe it's just an interference between the contacts of the shoulder button and that cable ? Anyone else who's experienced this problem ? Any helpful comment on how to proceed ? ( don't tell me to send it to the a specialized service cause not only is such a thing inexistent in my country but having modified my console so heavily I wouldn't do it if there was one either ).

Thanks in advance ,