Help to get Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor to work on my ds

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Super Sonic, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Super Sonic
    OP

Super Sonic Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2013
    Brazil
    I can't get this game to work on my r4i3d in my dsixl,after the licensed by Nintendo nothing happens,just a black screen.Someone knows how to fix that?

2. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    Did you try to use a different ROM?

3. retrogamefan

retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    Super Sonic, It sounds like your cart is using an outdated vesion of my DATs as I fixed the loading problem for 3265 and 3902 a few updates ago, when another user mentioned your exact problem in my thread.
    What is the website printed on the front of your R4i3D please? You should be able to use my DATs/Updates

4. Super Sonic
    OP

Super Sonic Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2013
    Brazil
    Yes,I tried to use a different rom and the website printed on the front of my r4i3d(with labeled "new") is "www.r4i3d.com".

5. retrogamefan

Oct 8, 2009
    @ Super Sonic
    Your cart can use my DATs, so update to v6.99 6216 and it should fix your problem :). Use the R4iSDHC.COM folder and replace the .dat to your _rpg folder on your µSD.

6. Super Sonic
    OP

Super Sonic Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2013
    Brazil
    It didn't work, are you sure it's the R4iSDHC.COM folder?Do i have to update the firmware,kernel or something like that too to get this game to work?

7. retrogamefan

Oct 8, 2009
    Hello Super Sonic,
    Hmmm, it should have worked...are you using the newest kernel available from your cart? Here is the link : R4i3D New v1.38.2
    I downloaded that and it appears to be a hacked Wood clone and the R4iSDHC.com folder is for such carts.
    Just to clarify, you copied/replaced extinfo.dat, infolib.dat and savlib.dat from the R4iSDHC.COM folder and replaced the files to the _rpg folder on your µSD?
    You should also delete the .sav for the game (backup to PC first if you'd played the game before on another cart) when retesting