Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi

Although I like Theme - Rhapsodii a lot, I would like to adapt a theme I made years ago to Wiiflow Lite and I don't really know where to start.

Could someone help me?

Thanks

Last edited by Jate,

Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have uploaded a video of the theme I have in the normal wiiflow.

I put the video so you can see that the intention is to take advantage of the icons of the systems (some I found on the internet, but others I made myself). And I also designed some backgrounds to make the icons look more integrated.

With my little knowledge this is what I could do, now I want to learn a little more how the themes work in Wiiflow Lite and adapt mine to do something similar.

Any help will be welcome, although I'll try to do it without bothering anyone.

This is the video:

Reactions: Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Very interesting theme! The isometric view is an excellent idea and Iike those icons so much.
Wiiflow Lite expands the possibilities even more. You can for example use multiple backgrounds for the various systems and make use of 'tiers' in source menu. See the Rhapsodii Shima theme in my sign, it makes use of all Wiiflow Lite features so you can have a good idea. You can use it to experiment a little.
Backgrounds must be named according to the platform names found in platform.ini, and placed in wiiflow/backgrounds/[theme name].
Your source menu files and folders must be placed in wiiflow/source_menu/[theme name].
Your tiers backgrounds (if you ever want to use them) must be placed in wiiflow/source_menu/[theme name]/backgrounds.
Your theme .ini file must be placed in wiiflow/themes_lite.
All images must be in .png format, see my theme for reference.
To consume less memory it's better if the images use less gradients and transparencies as possible. With big themes, Wiiflow can go out of memory and miss some covers.
The main trouble is to track down how to control a given element in the .ini file. Sometimes it can be pretty obvious, sometimes not. I don't remember the exact position of every element, so I cannot make a full guide, but I could help you with specific questions

Reactions: KiiWii and Jate

Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
.... See the Rhapsodii Shima theme in my sign, it makes use of all Wiiflow Lite features so you can have a good idea. You can use it to experiment a little.
Thanks!
I am looking at your theme as a reference to update mine.
I take note of the indications that you have said and if I have doubts I will write them here.;)

Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello again
I'm learning and adapting the theme, although I'm going to take the opportunity to make graphic changes.
Now I have a problem, my source screen consists of 3 pages and on each page should appear only a few icons of the systems. However, when turning the page the new icons appear replacing the previous ones but the ones that should not be on that page do not disappear. If I access a system and return to the source page is when it comes out correctly.
It is as if the source screen is not updated properly when changing pages.
I have put an animated image to explain myself better.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's because of wiiflow lite. If @fledge68
could come to the thread and look at it too...

Action-09-08-2021-14-26-06.gif

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again
I'm learning and adapting the theme, although I'm going to take the opportunity to make graphic changes.
Now I have a problem, my source screen consists of 3 pages and on each page should appear only a few icons of the systems. However, when turning the page the new icons appear replacing the previous ones but the ones that should not be on that page do not disappear. If I access a system and return to the source page is when it comes out correctly.
It is as if the source screen is not updated properly when changing pages.
I have put an animated image to explain myself better.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's because of wiiflow lite. If @fledge68
could come to the thread and look at it too...

Action-09-08-2021-14-26-06.gif
what version of wiiflow lite are you using? you might want to post your source menu ini.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for all the buttons that have no image create a small transparent png image and set

image=transparent.png
image_s=transparent.png

its possible that when you change pages the old button image is not erased so wiiflow still uses it on the next page.

Reactions: Jate

Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
for all the buttons that have no image create a small transparent png image and set

image=transparent.png
image_s=transparent.png

its possible that when you change pages the old button image is not erased so wiiflow still uses it on the next page.

I have already tested it and it works, although I have also had to add to each button
source=plugin

Thanks

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Tetsuo Shima
Is it possible to change the aspect ratio of the snaps?
I keep changing the width and height values but nothing happens.
not possible from wiiflow unfortunately. The only way to do it is changing the images and adding black bars at top and bottom of them, in order to keep them the same pixels size

Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
not possible from wiiflow unfortunately. The only way to do it is changing the images and adding black bars at top and bottom of them, in order to keep them the same pixels size
Thanks.
I have seen that if the tv has a 4:3 aspect ratio the image comes out correctly, but I wanted to try to adjust it for the 16:9 tv.

Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Tetsuo Shima
In sourceflow settings, If I choose small boxes, no image appears, they are all in black. The folder where the images go seems obvious but they don't appear, do they have any special name or characteristics?

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They must be .png files with the exact same name of the source menu icons in 'wiiflow/source_menu/[your theme name]'.
They must be placed in 'wiiflow/source_menu/[your theme name]/small_covers'?
Don't use transparent png's.

Reactions: Jate

Jate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
They must be .png files with the exact same name of the source menu icons in 'wiiflow/source_menu/[your theme name]'.
They must be placed in 'wiiflow/source_menu/[your theme name]/small_covers'?
Don't use transparent png's.

It is possible that the problem was that they were png images with transparencies, now I am using the ones from your theme for testing.

If I activate the small box mode I don't get the images but if I deactivate the small box mode they appear.
c1b8add985fc30398d81cf021f8b4d55o.png

b97ea0f12de325cc015d45e5d80c095ao.png

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two more things to try:
1- delete everything from your wiiflow/cache/sourceflow folder. Let Wiiflow recreate the cache and see if they appear. If it's still not working, then
2- activate smallboxes, then reboot your console and see if they appear (in case it's an out of memory error).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious