Hacking help - the kids are driving me crazy......

Dipper88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hopefully there is a helpful soul out there.....

the kids bought back some games from Bali....but they wont work on our "australian" wii..... so I purchased a WODE and followed all the instructions and it backs up our original games..but still wont play the Bali games.... so they told me to upload a program to be able to play the bali games... my version is 4.2 and they said it was ok for that version... but still nothing is working.... I burnt the bali games through image burner and they are on the external drive..and the wode shows the titles on the screen..... but wont play them... is there a step I am missing ..?? any help would be appreciated ....just to get the kidsto stop asking the same questions each day "ahve u fixed the games yet dad ? " lol

cheers,

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
System Menu 4.2 breaks region free for hardmods.

Do you know which main "region" the "bali games" use?
If not, what rating system is used on the game's box art?

Try what Linuxares said, and install The Homebrew Channel (aka HBC) using bannerbomb + hackmii installer, then use Homebrew Channel to load an app called Gecko 1.9.3.1, and load games through gecko instead of the regular Ssytem Menu.

After installing HBC, unzip the contents of Gecko1931.zip to the root of your SD, and it should appear in the HBC.

Then just load it up, and try a game through it instead of the regular System Menu (regardless of whether it be from the disc or via WODE) and tell us if they work or not.

If however, you want to be a tad more invasive and just patch out System Menu 4.2's region locks, just say so and I'll be able to help out.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Without more info to go by, I'd guess that you may be missing an IOS. Run DOP-Mii or MMM and be sure you have everything up to date. You may be skipping a (needed) disc update -- hopefully it's not some Korean shit. Also make sure you have the appropriate region hacks turned on, if needed. I leave them on all the time and they don't appear to conflict with anything.

Dipper88 said:
hopefully there is a helpful soul out there.....

the kids bought back some games from Bali....but they wont work on our "australian" wii..... so I purchased a WODE and followed all the instructions and it backs up our original games..but still wont play the Bali games.... so they told me to upload a program to be able to play the bali games... my version is 4.2 and they said it was ok for that version... but still nothing is working.... I burnt the bali games through image burner and they are on the external drive..and the wode shows the titles on the screen..... but wont play them... is there a step I am missing ..?? any help would be appreciated ....just to get the kidsto stop asking the same questions each day "ahve u fixed the games yet dad ? " lol

cheers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans