Gaming help! the A button on my DS lite is broken so i was wondering...

latin4radical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm using an R4 revolution. an early version.
i'd really like to play old GB/GBC/NES games and try out SNES games on it. but the problem i'm having is the emulator - lameboy won't let me use any other button to select a game. and even if it did how do i use the X/Y buttons instead? do i need to change something to the R4's button scheme?

or was my fate sealed do to a broken A button?

if this is the wrong section to post this, i apologize.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you open your DS and try to fix the "A" button?
You can't re-configure the button scheme. It's either fix the "A" button or nothing.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is your A button broken? Usually the fault with DS lites is the rubber conductive membrane. It starts out with the button lower than the other, and later breaks off all the way and looses its position. If this is so, it is very easy to reposition the broken A to the hardly used Y, or to replace the cheap conductive pad.
You will need a tri-wing screwdriver to open the DS lite, as well as a small size #000 philips screwdriver

latin4radical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well..it's not actually my DS. it's my younger cousin's. he doesn't know how to take care of his things. i was planning on buying my own used ds anyway. so for now i'll just stick to HeartGold. at least i can use the bottom screen as an A button. i appreciate the help, gentlemen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...