Homebrew [Help]Sysnand and Emunand

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, i have hack my 3ds this week and i just have learn the 3ds have 2 mode 'sysnand and emunand'

What are the difference ? My 3ds version in setting its SYS11.2 ect so im on sysnand? Im not suppose to be on sysnand but on emunand right?

Sorry for my english
Sorry for my noobism
Sorry for my english again

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SysNAND is essentially the system, and you don't want to screw it up. EmuNAND is a clone of the SysNAND, that runs off the SD card and if the EmuNAnd bricks, you can always fallback to a sysnand and create a new emunand of it.

Short answer:
You don't need an emunand unless you're paranoid about bricking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kanakops

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the answers and yes im really paranoid of bricking, where im suppose to have emunand?

And yes i have a9lh

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answers and yes im really paranoid of bricking, where im suppose to have emunand?

And yes i have a9lh

Get EmuNAND9 from github.com/d0k3/emunand9/releases and put the emunand9 bin file into your Luma\Payloads folder of your sdcard and rename it to x_EmuNAND9.bin. Make a backup of your entire sdcard to your pc, then turn off your 3ds and turn it back on while holding x to boot into emunand9. Choose complete emunand setup. Boot into the luma3ds configuration menu (hold select while booting) and disable "autoboot sysnand" and "use sysnand firm if booting with r". Then restore your sdcard's backup. Voila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thanks all, i already have a9lh but im never sure to be protected at 100% , im going to make an backup with emunand9

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
If you've got a large SD of 64 gb and above, it honestly can't hurt to have an emuNAND.

As somebody who bricked their console while stuck 3500 kilometers away from my PC and my 3DS restoration equipment for over three weeks, I can happily say that i am using emuNAND from now on. I'm never getting stuck without a 3DS ever again, while away from home!

I just fixed it today and setting up emuNAND as we speak.

Reactions: imRed and Kanakops

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope i dont have a large sd card but i think its a great thing, (for game and back up) im going to buy one sd card 32 go or + and after this i put emu nand

( now i have a 16 go sd card and i just have 1 free go)

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hey before im going to sleep,

can we play online on emunand?
can we are ban because we use emunand?
can we update on emunand?
can we download game on emunand?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH DOES NOT have brick protection. The CFW running from it does, (or doesn't). That said, an emunand is unnecessary with A9LH as Luma3DS carries the brick protection. You're just taking up extra space on your SD card for absolutely no reason. By all means use it if you want but you're not adding an extra layer of protection if you already have A9LH. Emunand was a thing to keep it separate from sysnand so you could have a hackable OS updated without removing them. With A9LH, it's basically set it and forget it until an update comes out. Whether you use Emunand or Sysnand, A9LH works the same way.

Brick protection is dependent on the CFW you're running from A9LH. Not A9LH itself. Gateway anyone?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo