Homebrew [Help] Super Smash Bros. stuck on booting after downgrading

misterdarvus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have New 3DS, before downgrading, I have SSB with the newest patch with Cloud, then I downgrade to 9.2

It worked like charm, my legit digital games still there, then I plugged my original Smash Bros. cartridge and play some online.

Then it booted, showing the usual Nintendo 3DS logo with reddish wave...

...and it still keep going

other cartridge based games are still works, except Smash

What is the problem? Keep that in mind that I have not installed cfw so no emunand thingies.

Edit, solved
Well guys I have set an emuNAND and now Sm4sh is working as it should with Cloud and online, while I'm still on RX-9.2

I wonder why other people has varying result though.

Last edited by misterdarvus,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have New 3DS, before downgrading, I have SSB with the newest patch with Cloud, then I downgrade to 9.2

It worked like charm, my legit digital games still there, then I plugged my original Smash Bros. cartridge and play some online.

Then it booted, showing the usual Nintendo 3DS logo with reddish wave...

...and it still keep going

other cartridge based games are still works, except Smash

What is the problem? Keep that in mind that I have not installed cfw so no emunand thingies.
You need to download a cryptofixed 1.1.3 Smash update and install it with a CIA installer.

misterdarvus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You need to download a cryptofixed 1.1.3 Smash update and install it with a CIA installer.
well somehow I dislike the idea to have Smash in .cia form since I want to support original for this game. There goes with my save whether I can backup and transfer it or not. Is there aren't any way around?

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Then create emunand and update emunand to 9.5, works for me like a charm

besides that, you can create your own cryptofixed cia by using a cartridge dump

Last edited by artur3004,

misterdarvus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Then create emunand and update emunand to 9.5, works for me like a charm

besides that, you can create your own cryptofixed cia by using a cartridge dump
well I could try that later
Only a CIA of the update is needed. That's free anyway.
I already have the latest update for Smash (1.1.3 wasn't it?) before downgrading, is it somehow incompatible?

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have any idea why my Smash cart works? I downgraded fully expecting to have to install cryptofixed stuff to get smash working but when I plugged my cart in and booted it up on 9.5 EmuNAND it ran perfectly. Tried out Cloud in a For Glory 1v1 online just to make sure and it all works fine. I'm not complaining but I am curious as to why?

misterdarvus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Does anyone have any idea why my Smash cart works? I downgraded fully expecting to have to install cryptofixed stuff to get smash working but when I plugged my cart in and booted it up on 9.5 EmuNAND it ran perfectly. Tried out Cloud in a For Glory 1v1 online just to make sure and it all works fine. I'm not complaining but I am curious as to why?
that guy could be right, I should try emunand 9.5 to see whether it working or not

artur3004

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, you need a cryptofixed version of it.
are you sure that cryptofix is enough? I thought, 1.0.5 added amiibo support for n3ds and I heared, something about amiibo changed with a fw update. Sure for o3ds, they included amiibo support since 9.3, but n3ds? idk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are you using Gateway?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean when ALL of my digital games do the 3DS wavy thing after downgrading. Im still trying to install emunand. N3ds 9.2.0-20

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to cherry-pick your updates for Smash? Only the most recent use 9.6+. I want to update to one prior. Is it in the eshop in homebrew launcher, or do I need to hunt for a CIA elsewhere?

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That must be because you have an O3DS/2DS. The new encryption only applies to the N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real