help! stars wars revenge of the sith bonus disc messed up xbmc

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay so last night i was watching the bonus disc of revenge of the sith in xbmc (all fine) - when i booted up the xbox today the disc loaded an offical dashboard on the system (turns out the disc has a demo of battlefront).

anyhow as my xbox still had the SID installer splinter cell save - i popped in my copy of splinter cell and loaded it up and reloaded the unleashed dashboard.

i then tried to FTP up a shortcut so XBMC loaded directly but i messed up the filename (^^!), so no dashboard loads at all now so i get error messages on boot up - games would still boot so i:

a) tried to reinstall the softmod - but splinter cell seems to just restart the intro (but the power light does change) and nothing is installed.

b) popped in the star wars disc to reinstall an offical dashboard - the xbox now boots into the standard dash and i've tried to reinstall the softmod but the same thing happens as in a) (splinter cell just restarts, power light changes)

please help

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Star Wars shouldn't have been able to mess up your softmod, unless you disabled Virtual C.

By chance, can you boot to Frosty's Rescue Disc? If not:

Does Splinter cell messes up when trying to load the save? In the MS dash, go to your hard drive and delete any saves related to dashboards (UnleashX, EvoX, XBMC, etc.) and try again.

If that doesn't work, try to load a Krayzie's Ndure save.

If that doesn't work... do you have an epprom.bin backup? Lucky for you that if you don't, since you can boot to the MS Dash, you can hot swap the hard drive if you need to recover it with a PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person