HELP! SOS! BACKUP TROUBLE!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by GNUma, Jun 18, 2012.

Jun 18, 2012

HELP! SOS! BACKUP TROUBLE! by GNUma at 10:57 AM (770 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. GNUma
    OP

Newcomer GNUma Newbie

Australia
    HI, I'm a n00b. I have made a backup of SMG2 and have tried everything to load it. I have tried, -Neogamma
    -DARKCORP
    My wii system menu is 4.3e.

It's bugging me!! HELP!! Really want to play it!! Please, anyone out there with answers please reply! Thanks,

-GNUma

2. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    You have to give us more information.

Is the backup of SMG2 a PAL or NTSC copy? What happens when you try to launch the game (black screen, green screen, etc.)?

And make sure you NEVER delete anything while attempting to get the backup to play.

3. GNUma
    OP

Newcomer GNUma Newbie

Australia
    The backup is pal. Wheni tried to load it through Neogamma, it said that my Wii drive is too new to load DVD-Rs.
    That help?

4. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    that means you are SOL and your option is to use usb loading. If you only want 1 or two games, you can get a 8-16gb usb drive for cheap, or you can get an external USB HDD.

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    I always feel that people who don't understand what the problem is when it is literally spelled out for them shouldn't be modding Wiis.

If I had a backup launcher on a Wii I modded tell me "Your Wii drive is too new to load DVD-Rs", the first thought to run through my mind would likely be "Hm. My Wii's drive must be too new to load DVD-Rs."

Meaning you can not, nor will you ever be able to load backup disks on this Wii without getting some kind of ODE or replacement drive. Your best option, even if you did have a backup-capable drive, would be USB loading. 1TB external hard drives are going for roughly a hundred bucks right now, and it's pretty much the best price for the capacity that's out in retail at the moment.

1 person likes this.
  6. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    Common sense is a lost art nowadays.

7. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    In his defense...the Wii (and everything else for that matter) tells you a bunch of shit thats not true

example

Your memory card is corrupt!
    You need to update your system menu!
    Please contact nintendo! (yeah right)
    This disc cannot be played

etc etc

8. GNUma
    OP

Newcomer GNUma Newbie

Australia
    Okay, so maybe that was abit of a no-brainer. I'm still a noob you see. How do you load games from a 8gb usb?

9. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    format to fat32, plug into bottom port on wii, install d2x, rip game to hard drive from a loader like usb loader gx, wiiflow, cfg usb loader

10. gorillagrod290

Newcomer gorillagrod290 Newbie

United States
    OK, first you have to have your flash drive formatted to FAT32. Also, you must download the WBFS Manager if you haven't done so already. Connect your flash drive to the computer, and press format on the WBFS manager. If it says error, close the manager and try again.BTW whenever you open the WBFS manager, you have to pic what drive your flash drive is in and press load. Anyway, you press browse after the flash drive is formatted. Look for your ISO file. Then press add to drive. When it is done close the WBFS manager. Eject the flash drive. Connect it to the bottom USB port of your Wii. then load your USB Loader of choice( I use USB Loader GX). Load your game and that's it. Enjoy!

11. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States

12. gorillagrod290

Newcomer gorillagrod290 Newbie

United States

13. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Please ignore all posts on this from gorillagrod290....

WBFS format is dead and gone (highly unstable)...
    Stick with FAT32, and use Wii Backup Manager on your PC to transfer the game iso to your usb

3 people like this.