otik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all -

I'm pretty green about ROm use but it seems when I run some games they default to spanish without option of language choice in the game option menues. If this has been answered b4, I'm sorry, but I couldn't find it. The games I've tried so far are:

1456 - The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass (U)
1964_Advance_Wars_Days_of_Ruin_USA
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings Of Fate (USA)
Mario Kart (U)
Soul Bubbles (EU)

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
2 options:
1) Your DS is set to Spanish and the games autodetect it (likely as those games are fairly big/made by Nintendo or close associates). Change it to English and you are sorted.

2) You have a hacked rom. I done it for a few roms way back but have not heard of it being done recently (the Japanese games with English included but not available aside).

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You playing on an emulator? If so, delete the Bios file.

On a DS, press and hold Start+Select right after you turn on the DS, then touch the DS icon bottom of the screen to go to settings, and change your default language to English.

otik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, yes I was using the No$GBA.2.6a emulator. I deleted the BIOS as was suggested but no luck. I will try the DS console language setting trick when I get mine next week. On the possibility that the ROMs were already hacked.... I've tried several places as well as trying the euro versions of the ROMs (which I assumed have multi-language selections) but the results were still the same.

Hey guys, thanks alot for the prompt replies, very much appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey