Help: SKY3DS card can't move the firmware. Says no space

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by wesleyxiao, May 17, 2017.

1. wesleyxiao
    OP

wesleyxiao Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2012
    Switzerland
    shenzhen
    Dear friends,
    I am from nds-card.com, one customer bought a SKY3DS(blue card), but one problem happened.
    Here is his description of the problem:
    "Can you send the instructions for uploading firmware on sky3ds. Not the plus version. I can't move the firmware once the game is installed on sd card. Says no space"
    “I just bought a 16gb micro SD. Same problem. I use diskwriter and write the ROM on to the microSD. I can't move the firmware after I format the drive. There's no way.... .please advice... I just spent more money and its still not working....”
    If anyone can help solve this problem, we can give him/her a discount on our site.
    Thanks very much in advance.

2. c4388354

c4388354 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    The blue button Sky3DS cannot be firmware updated, only the orange button Sky3DS+ can be firmware updated.
    The blue button uses diskwriter which formats the entire micro-sd card into a special format for the diskwriter which leaves no space for storing files.
    They either ordered the blue button Sky3DS card thinking it was firmware upgradable, or they got sent the Blue Button Sky3DS card instead of the Orange one.