ROM Hack [Help] Shin Megami Tensei IV - Text Translation.

FunFive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm currently trying to translate Shin Megami Tensei IV EUR into spanish but I'm having some issues really anoying probably because I'm new in this world.
I have a decrypted CIA and a folder with texts compressed in .mbm format. When I have the text translated and saved with "Kuriimo", text is replaced with codes like <5081><4071>.
In the past I translated a few games for personal purposes, so I thought it could be a kind of decimal code encrypting text or something like that but still haven't no idea of what I should do to avoid this problem.

Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance.

Bastani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently trying to translate Shin Megami Tensei IV EUR into spanish but I'm having some issues really anoying probably because I'm new in this world.
I have a decrypted CIA and a folder with texts compressed in .mbm format. When I have the text translated and saved with "Kuriimo", text is replaced with codes like <5081><4071>.
In the past I translated a few games for personal purposes, so I thought it could be a kind of decimal code encrypting text or something like that but still haven't no idea of what I should do to avoid this problem.

I made this a while back while trying to translate SMT IV Final and you might find it helpful

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-shin-megami-tensai-iv-final-dialogue-editing-tool.422289/

I know a little on how to translate the game SMT IV and Final so let me know if you need anything

You can contact me on Discord if you want to as well

Bastani#7689

Reactions: FunFive

mister_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hi FunFive, did you know there's already a translation in progress? https://tradusquare.es/shin-megami-tensei-iv/

Reactions: FunFive

FunFive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, I knew it. This is just a personal project with learning purposes. Anyway, thank you so much for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: One of the worst games I have ever played