I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
STATUS: [SOLVED] - Please see https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-running-pc-fx-games-on-wiimednafen.602374/post-9921767 for solution.

Hello to everyone!!! :)

I'm trying to playa bunch of PC-FX games on Wii using latest version of WiiMednafen, which i got from here when @raz0red gave me that updated versions (https://gbatemp.net/download/wiimednafen.37238).

However, i have problems, because when i open a PC-FX game in WiiMednafen it throws me this error: "Could not find a system that supports this CD."

I'm trying to play Super Power League FX.

Tried with BIN+CUE, ISO+OGG+CUE, but with no luck.

Any help? Thanks! :(

Last edited by SaulFabre,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello to everyone!!! :)

I'm trying to playa bunch of PC-FX games on Wii using latest version of WiiMednafen, which i got from here when @raz0red gave me that updated versions (https://gbatemp.net/download/wiimednafen.37238).

However, i have problems, because when i open a PC-FX game in WiiMednafen it throws me this error: "Could not find a system that supports this CD."

I'm trying to play Super Power League FX.

Tried with BIN+CUE, ISO+OGG+CUE, but with no luck.

Any help? Thanks! :(
I reported this two years ago, use my workaround to make them play. Remember they are a bit slow on the Wii, probably run much better or even full speed on OC Wii U.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I reported this two years ago, use my workaround to make them play. Remember they are a bit slow on the Wii, probably run much better or even full speed on OC Wii U.
@niuus

You just linked to your issue on WiiMednafen's GitHub... Where's your workaround? :P
You just mentioned what build you were using for try this, WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 of date December 30, 2019 (but that build isn't avaliable on the net anymore, can you reupload it please? Thanks)

Last edited by SaulFabre,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus

You just linked to your issue on WiiMednafen's GitHub... Where's your workaround? :P
You just mentioned what build you were using for try this, WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 of date December 30, 2019 (but that build isn't avaliable on the net anymore, can you reupload it please? Thanks)
Did you actually read what I wrote there? :wacko:

It's not about the build.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered several bugs with cores of mednafen on the 360, but all in all it's a pretty good frontend like retroarch. not sure if there's a retroarch for the 360, so it may be the best emulator at least on that system.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Did you actually read what I wrote there? :wacko:

It's not about the build.
@niuus oh, sorry, i misread about it but when i read the entire issue you actually reported this before.
Also i saw that WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 it's actually the last build before only updating the README.md on GitHub, which latest build from September 4, 2021 i still use today.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help me :)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus oh, sorry, i misread about it but when i read the entire issue you actually reported this before.
Also i saw that WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 it's actually the last build before only updating the README.md on GitHub, which latest build from September 4, 2021 i still use today.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help me :)
I know, that's why it didn't make any sense for compatibility to break just because of a readme update.

Anyway, I also tested the game that day, works as intended.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I know, that's why it didn't make any sense for compatibility to break just because of a readme update.

Anyway, I also tested the game that day, works as intended.
Could you reupload anywhere that build of Dec 30, 2019 of WiiMednafen (if you have it of course)?
Thanks a lot @niuus

PD: Do you have any news with your projects FCE Ultra RX, Snes9x RX, WiiSX RX? i don't receive new news from them since 2020...

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@niuus Sorry, i initially misread what you just say.

Reading your issue https://github.com/raz0red/wii-mednafen/issues/77 i see that when splitted on multiple tracks the PC-FX roms doesn't work, however if you run the game in a rom with single BIN+CUE it works.

Quote from niuus:

All the CD systems that belong to the Turbografx-16/PC Engine family. It errors out with:
Could not find a system that supports this CD.

When using BIN+CUE, it only works if you rip with a single bin file.

Using 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32

That advice you said worked, thanks a lot! :)
(through the games runs very slow)

1661531690027.png

Reactions: niuus

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus Sorry, i initially misread what you just say.

Reading your issue https://github.com/raz0red/wii-mednafen/issues/77 i see that when splitted on multiple tracks the PC-FX roms doesn't work, however if you run the game in a rom with single BIN+CUE it works.

That advice you said worked, thanks a lot! :)
(through the games runs very slow)

View attachment 324481
Yep, they don't reach 100%, but close to it. Needs some optimizations to reach the perfect full fps. I never tested before, but most likely Wii U OC allows it to run fully.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yep, they don't reach 100%, but close to it. Needs some optimizations to reach the perfect full fps. I never tested before, but most likely Wii U OC allows it to run fully.
Yup. WiiMednafen needs a bit more optiization for emulating PC-FX, but i've tried overclocking my Dolphin to 1.215 GHz (for test speed like if i were using the Wii U) and when with it the PC-FX games goes a little faster, it's still a bit slow, but hey still better speed than on Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics...