I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
STATUS: [SOLVED] - Please see https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-running-pc-fx-games-on-wiimednafen.602374/post-9921767 for solution.

Hello to everyone!!! :)

I'm trying to playa bunch of PC-FX games on Wii using latest version of WiiMednafen, which i got from here when @raz0red gave me that updated versions (https://gbatemp.net/download/wiimednafen.37238).

However, i have problems, because when i open a PC-FX game in WiiMednafen it throws me this error: "Could not find a system that supports this CD."

I'm trying to play Super Power League FX.

Tried with BIN+CUE, ISO+OGG+CUE, but with no luck.

Any help? Thanks! :(

Last edited by SaulFabre,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello to everyone!!! :)

I'm trying to playa bunch of PC-FX games on Wii using latest version of WiiMednafen, which i got from here when @raz0red gave me that updated versions (https://gbatemp.net/download/wiimednafen.37238).

However, i have problems, because when i open a PC-FX game in WiiMednafen it throws me this error: "Could not find a system that supports this CD."

I'm trying to play Super Power League FX.

Tried with BIN+CUE, ISO+OGG+CUE, but with no luck.

Any help? Thanks! :(
I reported this two years ago, use my workaround to make them play. Remember they are a bit slow on the Wii, probably run much better or even full speed on OC Wii U.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I reported this two years ago, use my workaround to make them play. Remember they are a bit slow on the Wii, probably run much better or even full speed on OC Wii U.
@niuus

You just linked to your issue on WiiMednafen's GitHub... Where's your workaround? :P
You just mentioned what build you were using for try this, WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 of date December 30, 2019 (but that build isn't avaliable on the net anymore, can you reupload it please? Thanks)

Last edited by SaulFabre,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus

You just linked to your issue on WiiMednafen's GitHub... Where's your workaround? :P
You just mentioned what build you were using for try this, WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 of date December 30, 2019 (but that build isn't avaliable on the net anymore, can you reupload it please? Thanks)
Did you actually read what I wrote there? :wacko:

It's not about the build.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered several bugs with cores of mednafen on the 360, but all in all it's a pretty good frontend like retroarch. not sure if there's a retroarch for the 360, so it may be the best emulator at least on that system.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Did you actually read what I wrote there? :wacko:

It's not about the build.
@niuus oh, sorry, i misread about it but when i read the entire issue you actually reported this before.
Also i saw that WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 it's actually the last build before only updating the README.md on GitHub, which latest build from September 4, 2021 i still use today.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help me :)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus oh, sorry, i misread about it but when i read the entire issue you actually reported this before.
Also i saw that WiiMednafen 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32 it's actually the last build before only updating the README.md on GitHub, which latest build from September 4, 2021 i still use today.

Anyways, thanks for trying to help me :)
I know, that's why it didn't make any sense for compatibility to break just because of a readme update.

Anyway, I also tested the game that day, works as intended.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I know, that's why it didn't make any sense for compatibility to break just because of a readme update.

Anyway, I also tested the game that day, works as intended.
Could you reupload anywhere that build of Dec 30, 2019 of WiiMednafen (if you have it of course)?
Thanks a lot @niuus

PD: Do you have any news with your projects FCE Ultra RX, Snes9x RX, WiiSX RX? i don't receive new news from them since 2020...

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@niuus Sorry, i initially misread what you just say.

Reading your issue https://github.com/raz0red/wii-mednafen/issues/77 i see that when splitted on multiple tracks the PC-FX roms doesn't work, however if you run the game in a rom with single BIN+CUE it works.

Quote from niuus:

All the CD systems that belong to the Turbografx-16/PC Engine family. It errors out with:
Could not find a system that supports this CD.

When using BIN+CUE, it only works if you rip with a single bin file.

Using 0.3-SNAPSHOT-2b97a32

That advice you said worked, thanks a lot! :)
(through the games runs very slow)

1661531690027.png

Reactions: niuus

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus Sorry, i initially misread what you just say.

Reading your issue https://github.com/raz0red/wii-mednafen/issues/77 i see that when splitted on multiple tracks the PC-FX roms doesn't work, however if you run the game in a rom with single BIN+CUE it works.

That advice you said worked, thanks a lot! :)
(through the games runs very slow)

View attachment 324481
Yep, they don't reach 100%, but close to it. Needs some optimizations to reach the perfect full fps. I never tested before, but most likely Wii U OC allows it to run fully.

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yep, they don't reach 100%, but close to it. Needs some optimizations to reach the perfect full fps. I never tested before, but most likely Wii U OC allows it to run fully.
Yup. WiiMednafen needs a bit more optiization for emulating PC-FX, but i've tried overclocking my Dolphin to 1.215 GHz (for test speed like if i were using the Wii U) and when with it the PC-FX games goes a little faster, it's still a bit slow, but hey still better speed than on Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte