[Help] Ripping M & L: Dream Team Soundtrack

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Gaming796, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Gaming796
    OP

Gaming796 Nintendo Switch™ ©Nintendo 2017

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    New Donk City, Super Mario Odyssey
    I was curious about this:
    To start off, I wanted to rip the audio directly from the Game's RomFS using Braindump and ctrtool. Upon extraction, I was left with a bunch of folders. Inside the Sound folder, I've managed to find 1 file, namely: SoundData.arc I'm absolutely confused on how to extract the audio from this file. I was hoping for BCSTMs but that didn't turn out to be true; just an .arc file is all I'm left with.

Any possible methods of extraction available yet? Please respond in the comments. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

CaptainSwag101 likes this.
  2. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Search the rest of the romfs first. If not, I might look at that sarc.

3. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    I didn't find any BCSTMs. You might wanna have a look at that file.

4. SirHaxALot

SirHaxALot Yum Cookies! :3

Nov 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I've not much experience with this, but you might try the „3DS Audio Ripper“ on that .arc file, at least i was able to extract the cries from Pokémon SuMo with it. SuMo however used GARC files to store them

Gaming796 likes this.
  5. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Ummm... For some reason, some programs on my PC crash when I try to get the open / save as dialog box. 3DS Audio Ripper is one of them. So till I fix that problem, I can't test that method. But thanks for the suggestion anyway!

6. SirHaxALot

SirHaxALot Yum Cookies! :3

Nov 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I assume you are using windows, so try this method to fix possible problems with systems files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

7. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    SFC was broken. Turns out I screwed up something that I undid by doing a System Restore. Now the PC's back to normal. However, there were no audio files in the ARC File which 3DS Audio Ripper could dump. I tried EFE but still no use. Now I'm gonna use HxD to closely study the File Structure of the Archive. Maybe that could reveal something?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Upon studying the Archive file structure, I see lot of "WAVE" text-strings, but still no "CSTM" File Headers. Which possibly means Dream Team uses different logic to encode its soundtrack. I dunno what the heck I can do now.