Homebrew Help Revirginizing wii

SkotUK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm tired of my wii being full of all my homebrew and such. So i would like to Remove everything including the homebrew channel so it is 'Brand New'. How can i do this, thanks in advance

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I think formatting it would do the trick, but you'd lose all saves and stuff, and your friend code. Alternatively, uninstall HBC with Data Management in Wii Settings, then use an exploit to run AnyTitleDeleter and delete HAXX (Homebrew Channel's Title). You'd also need to wipe play history, dunno if AnyTitleDeleter does that. But be careful with AnyTitleDeleter, or you could brick. If you have preloader installed, you'll need to completely reinstall your system menu with AnyRegionChanger to get rid of it. If you have cIOS, run the installer again to get rid of it, or delete with AnyTitleDeleter (i think those will work). If you have BootMii, you won't be able to "revirginize" as you put it, because it's currently unremovable. Any custom channels, delete with AnyTitleDeleter to get rid of tickets. If you have anything installed I haven't mentioned, tell me and I'll try to tell you how to remove it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont think you can put them back on without homebrew. use twilight hack or bannerbomb to run the necessary homebrew to restore save files without leaving any trace on system. do you have preloader? dont think format will get rid of it.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can keep your save games. I copied all my save files on my old wii to sd (my old one was Homebrewed with 3.2) and sent my wii to nintendo, gpu was fried. They sent me a new one with 4.0 and its only been hardmodded now, and after you play each game one time, it creates the save file, I delete it and then copy my old one in its place. There are a couple games that I cant figure a way to keep like mario cart, rock band 2, and Im sure there is a couple more. out of 90, I lost about 5. oh, and save your miis to the controller too.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Delete IOSes 2xx (any title remover).
If you trucha or DIP patched them, reinstall them from official IOSes (wad manager)
Delete your channels (wad manager), for the Homebrew Channel, delete the ticket (HAXX - 48 41 58 58) using any title remover.
If you were using preloader, use hacks remover and reinstall a clean system menu.
Then it should be fine if you don't have bootmii but all the titles you have played are still stored in uid.sys so your Wii won't ever be virgin.

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know format "appears" to clear your Today history but does it really not? If you format and do the other steps with an exploit then official update wouldn't that take care of it all unless you had a boot2 bootmii install?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: