Help - "Return to Wii Menu" changes color and lags

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mist3rJ3r3my, May 31, 2010.

1. Mist3rJ3r3my
    OP

Mist3rJ3r3my Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2008
    United States
    Heres a picture I took of the system menu with my camera

[​IMG]

Whenever I exit a channel (HBC, VC, Any Channel!) and return to the system menu, the color changes from blue to orange and the menu becomes really slow and laggy. I can't launch anthing afterwards and have to restart the Wii. WTF is wrong with my Wii? This has only happened today and I havn't touched the system besides updating USBLoaderGX and Configurable Loader. Turning on the system is fine and is the normal blue, but whenever I return to the Wii menu it turns orange.

Help please!

2. Justin121994

Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Ontario, CA
    LOL You sure your not using a theme?

3. Mist3rJ3r3my
    OP

Mist3rJ3r3my Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2008
    United States
    No.. You can see even the channels become discolored as well as the menu, I am not using mymenuify or anything similar theme application...

4. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    Yeah you can definitely out rule any menu modifications because the channel banners are orange too. And the menu is laggy so not the screen. Hmmmm. This is a weird one. Maybe reinstalling the firmware? Thats just a guess though. Wait to hear more opinions before doing anything. And are you sure you hadnt installed or updated anything lately?

5. guitarloser85

guitarloser85 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Just use DOPMii to reinstall your system menu. It'd probably fix it and wouldn't hurt anything.

6. techboy

techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    It's certainly a bizarre issue. Never seen it before. I'll agree with guitarloser85. Reinstalling the SM might fix it.

A little off-topic: I now want to make an orange theme for the menu...

7. D3M0N23

D3M0N23 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2010
    Netherlands
    nl
    lol if you do let us know where to get it
    looks actually kinda sick

8. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    Looks like cable spasm/GPU fuckt/ or TV Borked.

9. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    Good point.

Although my old CRT tv lags out and colours bleed/shadow out strange no matter what I do.

Must be te GPU then.

10. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned

Banned
    Jun 13, 2009
    United States
    ive seen a wii ALMOST do this with gpu failure. but it was grey and not orange, but when the wii was cold it would look fine, then after a bit of playing the SM would turn grey. It didnt have a single artifact either. the only other difference i can see is you say that restarting fixes the problem, it didnt on the one i worked on, it had to get cool again. I tried reinstalling SM as well and it would still do the same thing. The guy ended up sending it back to ninty.

11. sefirah

sefirah Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Well, well. I thought I was the only one to experience this. I remember searching all over the net for a solution when this happend to me. I just made a nand restore with bootmii and everything was fine again. This was over a year ago, and my wii has worked flawlessly ever since.