Status
Not open for further replies.

Ar7ific1al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read before responding. Thank you. :)

When I downgraded my O3DS from 10.3 to 9.2, I had to format my system in order for the downgrade to work. Unfortunately, I'm a dumb and didn't backup any of my game saves before formatting the system - I simply didn't think about that at the time. Since I had to format my system in order to downgrade in the first place, I lost access to the save file before I was able to make a NAND backup. Therefore I cannot restore my system NAND to regain access to the save and dump it to re-inject to my EmuNAND's data.

As I'm sure you can guess, this means my Pokemon X save no longer works. I do have a backup of it, however, directly from my SD card (NOT from a save manager; just the raw .SAV file from my 3DS SD card). Now I'm looking for a means to restore it. I have tried the following:

Antisavegame Restore/Secure Value Updater: Started a new save game on Pokemon X as necessary. Copied that save to my computer. Loaded in the old backed up .SAV as the "old" save, and the new save I just made as the "new" save. Set the correct offset, and hit "fix." Copied the new file over the save on my SD card; didn't work. Game says it's corrupt and I had to turn off the system.

SVDT: Doesn't appear to work with raw .SAV file.

I've done extensive research on Google and looked around several sites. I've found no solution. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm screwed and have lost my Pokemon forever. However, I would be absolutely elated if someone could prove me wrong and help me figure something out. <3

Here's what I have at my disposal:
O3DSXL 9.2 SysNAND, 10.3 EmuNAND + RxTools
Legitimately purchased digital Pokemon X installed on EmuNAND

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please read before responding. Thank you. :)

When I downgraded my O3DS from 10.3 to 9.2, I had to format my system in order for the downgrade to work. Unfortunately, I'm a dumb and didn't backup any of my game saves before formatting the system - I simply didn't think about that at the time. Since I had to format my system in order to downgrade in the first place, I lost access to the save file before I was able to make a NAND backup. Therefore I cannot restore my system NAND to regain access to the save and dump it to re-inject to my EmuNAND's data.

As I'm sure you can guess, this means my Pokemon X save no longer works. I do have a backup of it, however, directly from my SD card (NOT from a save manager; just the raw .SAV file from my 3DS SD card). Now I'm looking for a means to restore it. I have tried the following:

Antisavegame Restore/Secure Value Updater: Started a new save game on Pokemon X as necessary. Copied that save to my computer. Loaded in the old backed up .SAV as the "old" save, and the new save I just made as the "new" save. Set the correct offset, and hit "fix." Copied the new file over the save on my SD card; didn't work. Game says it's corrupt and I had to turn off the system.

SVDT: Doesn't appear to work with raw .SAV file.

I've done extensive research on Google and looked around several sites. I've found no solution. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm screwed and have lost my Pokemon forever. However, I would be absolutely elated if someone could prove me wrong and help me figure something out. <3

Here's what I have at my disposal:
O3DSXL 9.2 SysNAND, 10.3 EmuNAND + RxTools
Legitimately purchased digital Pokemon X installed on EmuNAND
Try opening the save in PKHeX then export it to a main.sav then inject the main.sav using savedatafiler (make sure you delete the titles secure value before importing the save). You can pm the save if you want me to attempt to fix it.

Ar7ific1al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try opening the save in PKHeX then export it to a main.sav then inject the main.sav using savedatafiler (make sure you delete the titles secure value before importing the save)
Doesn't PKHeX require save file to be decrypted in order to load it?
Kaphotics on Project Pokemon said:
Save files must be decrypted in order to load & save.

My save file is the raw file from my SD card; it isn't dumped by a save editor or anything.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not... Sorry. I'd like to do it myself if I can. Don't wanna rely on someone else to do it for me.
Im not a little kid and im not interested in your pokemanz I can mod the game to hell and have no interest in it anymore. Just offering to help you.

Ar7ific1al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not a little kid and im not interested in your pokemanz I can mod the game to hell and have no interest in it anymore. Just offering to help you.
No need for hostility. I never implied that you were a little kid or that you were interested in my "Pokemanz." I'd simply rather not rely on someone else to do something for me.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, two things:
1, You did NOT need, for ANY reason, to format your sysNAND before downgrading. I haven't had anyone format their sysNAND before downgrading in any situation and nothing bad came of it. It's just kind of a dumb thing to do, frankly.
2, -I'm not sure what made me think that would work- In lieu of #2, I can tell you this:
Nobody really cares enough to do anything malicious with something as small as a Pokemon save. In a situation like this, you really have got to take whatever help you can get.

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz, , Reason: attempt 2
Reactions: Xenon Hacks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse