Hacking HELP :( Resident Evil Archives: Zero

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok hi guys, ive been forum searching for days now and i am so frustrated... I downloaded resident evil archives zero for the wii and have really wanted to play it... started up the game using cios 249 anf it froze at the "violence and gore" screen. tried it in cios222 and 223 and i got up to the point in the game where you meet bill for the second time and as i walked up the stairs it crashed... and kept doing this might i add...
Angry and dying to continue playing i went to the town and bought the original. popped it in and it crashed at the same point (and this is using the disc channel)
I am lost, angry and confused.. i want to play this game lol...

If someone could please help me i would be forever in your debt.

P.S.
If this post is in the wrong section could a mod or something please move it to the correct one.... thanks.

Peter

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u may have a bad rip of the game

u may want to purchase an original copy of the game then back it up to your hard drive so you know you have a good rip (or continue with your pirate ways to try to get a better rip, i don't care, but i neither approve nor support piracy, i am totally neutral)

it could also be your hard drive... if its fat32 or ntfs, try defragmenting it

edit: didn't see that u bought the original... by bad

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
u may have a bad rip of the game

u may want to purchase an original copy of the game then back it up to your hard drive so you know you have a good rip (or continue with your pirate ways to try to get a better rip, i don't care, but i neither approve nor support piracy, i am totally neutral)

it could also be your hard drive... if its fat32 or ntfs, try defragmenting it

Not reading FTL.

He said he bought the original and it doesn't work either. If it was me i would run Pimp My Wii and make sure i have the latest Cios.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
well the usb loader would only use IOS222 or IOS249, depending on what u choose... so try installing IOS249rev17 and try again...

if using ios222, make sure u are using rev 4, although i think u have to have rev 4 for cfg usb loader to even start up so chances are u r on rev 4 already

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the thing i'm not bothered about getting it to work in the usb loader, and now i have the original that wont work on the disc channel, i even updated to 4.2 using the safe update on the hbc. with cios249rev14 it wont even get past the violence and gore screen.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you obviously have cIOSCORP installed which is making the game read a 3x.

run the cIOSCORP uninstaller.

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm i cant remember installing such a thing but i will have a look into that...
p.s.
ive seen that a few other people are having this problem... and when the game freezes a high pitched monotone noise blurs.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Where does he mention CORP? He says he tried a USB loader and an original disc...

Anyway, possibly try deleting the save data? I've had games that start freezing and will only fix by deleting the (apparently now corrupt) save data.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
QUOTE said:

Where does he mention CORP? He says he tried a USB loader and an original disc...

Anyway, possibly try deleting the save data? I've had games that start freezing and will only fix by deleting the (apparently now corrupt) save data.
well the only way the disc channel would read an original game slowly would be cIOS installed in an original IOS spot.

the first time he tried

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the only original game that does this on the disc channel or on the usb loaders... im gonna hold off on reinstalling those ios's until i have a bit more info cos that may not be the problem.
i just wonder cause i had the downloaded version via internet obviously and now the original and they both do the same thing.

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are my posts invisible? lol. Run pimp my wii, let it update your IOS files and make sure you have the latest Cios like rev17 wan.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they're IOS files, not ISO

an pimp my wii sucks
update you IOS's manually with DOP-IOS or WAD Manager.

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry ephumuris u must have posted whilst i was writing mine lol...
EDIT: and i already updated to 4.2e using the updater on the hbc

and xzxero i would do all this but this is the only game that it is happening to... which confuses me and therefore im not sure if i have to do this...

has anyone actually tried resident evil archives: zero to see whats going on lol

ephumuris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know someone on 4.1U who has played it and it's working using NeoGamma. Seriously just give Pimp My Wii a try it can't do any harm.

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ephumuris said:
I know someone on 4.1U who has played it and it's working using NeoGamma. Seriously just give Pimp My Wii a try it can't do any harm.

Right i just used dop-cios and reinstalled cios38 with the latest version... same thing happened. im gonna try that pimp my wii now

peterthelemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried the pimp my wii, didnt work, gonna try to install the v5 cios.... if that doesnt work im gonna give up until tomorrow lol

EDIT:
CHRIST!!!! im so stressed out its unreal... why is this happening on this one game... updated the cios 222, 223 and 202 to version 5 and i also installed uloader version 3.6 but to no avail, still freezes and beeps on those bloody stairs... if anyone out there can help please please do so.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you didn't create a NAND backup prior to installing things left and right?

Update to 4.2 via Nintendos server and start over with your soft mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1