Help! Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition with Gamepad

NewNintendero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Been trying to get this to work using Teconmoon and different ISO's, wbfs and nkits from different regions to not avail, what bothers me is that the game used to work no problem the first time i installed it, but due to an error i've had to reset the console and reinstall Tiramisu, everything works except this game, i can't get pass the "Connect the remote Nunchuck or something" tried many configurations (Force CC, CC, Region Patcher, etc) but nothing works and i've run out of ideas, i know that i can play the GC Version but i want this Version (Wii) to be my first due to all the extra content, i'll appreciate any help or advice anyone can provide me.

I really want to play this game (at this moment all i have is a borrowed Wii U and no money to buy Wii remotes, also my laptop is out of the question due to pc requirements)

Hope someone at least know about my situation....

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why use Teconmoon to do an inject of Resident Evil 4 when the game is available from the WiiU eshop. Just find a download of the eshop version then install it and then the WiiU gamepad will work perfectly

Reactions: Lostbhoy

NewNintendero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes the eshop version has been patched to run on the WiiU gamepad by Nintendo. Just download and install and that's it.
but do i have to buy it? i dont know of any site that provides those files, besides, from what ive investigated, everyone says that the eshop version is only playable with remote and nunchuk, when was the version patched to been able to use the gamepad?

NewNintendero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes the eshop version has been patched to run on the WiiU gamepad by Nintendo. Just download and install and that's it.
Sooooo, that was a lie or there was a misunderstanding, the version a downloaded was from Nusspli and just as i expected, it didn't work.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-22 at 8.49.23 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-22 at 8.49.23 AM.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 37
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-22 at 8.49.23 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-22 at 8.49.23 AM (1).jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 90

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sooooo, that was a lie or there was a misunderstanding, the version a downloaded was from Nusspli and just as i expected, it didn't work.
Not a lie did you start it with a Wii remote then go into settings and select clasic controller?
I uploaded a video to my YouTube account. Sorry its sideways no idea why it turned out like that lol.

NewNintendero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not a lie did you start it with a Wii remote then go into settings and select clasic controller?

I uploaded a video to my YouTube account. Sorry its sideways no idea why it turned out like that lol.

from my original post : "at this moment all i have is a borrowed Wii U and no money to buy Wii remotes, also my laptop is out of the question due to pc requirements"

The beginning of the thread explains most of my situation.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
from my original post : "at this moment all i have is a borrowed Wii U and no money to buy Wii remotes, also my laptop is out of the question due to pc requirements"

The beginning of the thread explains most of my situation.
Well I know you said you didn't want to play the GC version but that may be your best option for now. For 1 the extras can only be played after beating the main story and secondly they aren't that great anyway both of the new Ada missions will take less than a few hours combined to do.

Play the GC version and when you eventually can get the WiiU version working the way you want just use a completed save file (easily found on the Internet) to go straight to the extra stuff.

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can inject the ntsc version of RE4 wii edition and play with gamepad. The pal version doesn't work with gamepad as inject.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
at this moment all i have is a borrowed Wii U and no money to buy Wii remotes
Can't you ask the one who borrowed the Wii U to you for borrowing a Wii Mote, too?
my laptop is out of the question due to pc requirements
A laptop is a (portable) PC, so I don't get this. BTW: What you could try: Load the game on your laptop (Dolphin), change settings to allow the gamepad, transfair the savegame from the laptop to the Wii U ( https://github.com/Xpl0itU/savemii/releases/latest ).
Maybe even ask around what bits get flipped in the savefile when the setting get changed, then just transfair the save from Wii U to laptop, use a hex editor, transfair it back.

Reactions: Xpl0itU

NewNintendero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can't you ask the one who borrowed the Wii U to you for borrowing a Wii Mote, too?

A laptop is a (portable) PC, so I don't get this. BTW: What you could try: Load the game on your laptop (Dolphin), change settings to allow the gamepad, transfair the savegame from the laptop to the Wii U ( https://github.com/Xpl0itU/savemii/releases/latest ).
Maybe even ask around what bits get flipped in the savefile when the setting get changed, then just transfair the save from Wii U to laptop, use a hex editor, transfair it back.
i mentioned the laptop because of the pc port of the game but my current lap cant run it, i havent tried the dolphin one because it just looks too stuttery and low res when i tried metroid prime trilogy and mario galaxy (plus i dont have a desk where to put it, i just lay on bed and use the gamepad). Can it still be done with the process you just mentioned? Been able to use the gamepad on the wii u by saving settings on dolphin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...