Hacking Help! Resetting my PSVita to factory (with only sd2vita)

wimkaay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everybody,

My PSVita needs a fresh factory reset. I’ve hacked my vita with only a sd2vita, but lost some files on the sd card (I have a 1000 model). If I factory reset my PSVita, it still boots up with the enso/henkaku logo. I’ve already deleted all files on my sd card. So my question is: how can I completely reset my vita and delete all enso/hebkaku traces, so that I can hack it as new? Thanks in advance!

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi everybody,

My PSVita needs a fresh factory reset. I’ve hacked my vita with only a sd2vita, but lost some files on the sd card (I have a 1000 model). If I factory reset my PSVita, it still boots up with the enso/henkaku logo. I’ve already deleted all files on my sd card. So my question is: how can I completely reset my vita and delete all enso/hebkaku traces, so that I can hack it as new? Thanks in advance!
On my vita i just formatted the memory card or internal storage.
and a console factory restore, and got rid of enso.

Last edited by UnderJinx,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep your Sd2vita in & simply use this tool the Full Version

https://github.com/theheroGAC/Mod-My-vita/releases/tag/1.01

It will completely re mod your Vita...
I've used this a few times it's a great tool
All Respects to theheroGAC the Dev who made it...
Then if you wanted to you could factory reset... From there if you can't now? Otherwise /settings factory reset / I would take the Sd2vita out 1st this way..

Last edited by SuperDan,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everybody,

@wimkaay ,reboot your PS Vita in safe mode(hold 30 seconds power button if don't boot correctly)and select restore this system and after setting/format/format memory card.
If your boot correctly,go to setting/format and select format memory card and restore this system.
Warning:
both mode without sd2vita inserted on the PS Vita.

wimkaay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@wimkaay ,reboot your PS Vita in safe mode(hold 30 seconds power button if don't boot correctly)and select restore this system and after setting/format/format memory card.
If your boot correctly,go to setting/format and select format memory card and restore this system.
Warning:
both mode without sd2vita inserted on the PS Vita.
Thanks. I will try this! I will let you know if it worked.

Thanks! It worked! Now I can enjoy my Vita once more.

Last edited by wimkaay,

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I have a somewhat similar problem, I didn't wanna start a new thread as I seen this one was recently active and was afraid if I set up a new one my problem might get missed. I have Henkaku/Enso installed on my 3.60 Vita but today the memory card in my SD2Vita crapped itself. it was working fine as recently as last night as I was playing the GTA releases. no matter what I do I cant get the memory card to work, I cannot even format it its completely screwed. I just purchased a new SD card but I am not sure about how I go about setting it up again considering I cannot transfer any files over from my previous SD card. Do I need to factory restore my Vita and just start afresh or is there another process I should follow? any help you guys can offer on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your sd card failed, it most likely rebuilt the database to which you'd find nothing on the livearea. that's what it will do if it doesn't detect one when it should iirc. you don't need to start over if you can transfer over the content from one sd card to another. I'd say only do that as a last resort.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everything is there visible on my live area, all hacks and games I have installed are there. At first when I clicked on them I got a c1-2741-4 error on everything and the only hack that would work is molecular shell now that doesn’t work and every time I click on anything I get “The file is corrupt” when I put the SD card in my laptop it can’t be formatted and nothing can be transferred from the card to the computer.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...it must detect the sd card, but nothing is working. I think only if it doesn't detect an sd card will the livearea be rebuilt. do you have a backup on your computer of the content? it may be lost otherwise.

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it definitely detects the card because if I turn it on without the SD2Vita in it, it then asks me to format the official 4GB Sony memory card that’s in it, when I turn it back off insert the SD2Vita and put it back on it rebuilds the database displays everything that was originally on the card but won’t let me open any games or hacks it jus gives off the error message. At one stage when molecular shell was working I could see the memory card mounted as Ux0 but I couldn’t FTP to or from the card using the laptop. Trying to delete anything on it through molecular also gave back a error. No unfortunately I don’t have any back up on my computer of the card but I have got all hacks, vpk’s etc saved on it so I’m willing to bite the bullet and go through the process again I am jus not sure what way to proceed, like should it be reset factory settings and proceed with my official card before mounting the SD2Vita or is there a process I need to follow? Sorry for the long winded post.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd test the card with h2testw, but you'll have to format it first if possible. if it doesn't format on the pc, something is most likely wrong with the card.

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it won’t format at all for me, Windows give back a error and easus says the card is formatted but when I check the card it still has all files on it. I have bought a new card to replace it and will start again. With the ps vita now in its current state do I jus reset the factory settings and jus start the process again?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you only use the memory card, it will probably rebuild the database, because only one partition can be ux0. that's not important though. it's easy to get back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can system restore, but it will delete your account, if that's important to you. it's easy to get back though. most things are easy to get back. the only real loss I see here is probably saves and trophies.

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have my other vita there that I keep up to date that I have any saves or trophies on, I mostly use it for remote play to the PS4 so there’s nothing like that to lose on the hacked vita which i use for the likes of emulators and the various ports that are available. My only worry is being forced to update to the latest firmware as I would rather keep it on 3.60 if that’s possible?

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How would I go about deleting that and is that file something I would need to delete before restoring?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can unlink it in henkaku settings or delete it. it will be recreated when you reboot the system. it contains system software version, so if that version is higher than what's actually on the system, it will ask you to format.

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3.60 is actually on the system now. I never let it update any higher once I got to that version and have since had Enso installed. In the henkaku settings when unlink the memory card I get a (C1-2741-4 error saying it failed to mount ux0. Is the memory card inserted) so I would have to delete it manually, would that be done by connecting to the laptop and deleting from there?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.60 is actually on the system now. I never let it update any higher once I got to that version and have since had Enso installed. In the henkaku settings when unlink the memory card I get a (C1-2741-4 error saying it failed to mount ux0. Is the memory card inserted) so I would have to delete it manually, would that be done by connecting to the laptop and deleting from there?

yes, but it probably no longer matters. something is definitely wrong with that sd card.

akav05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I jus rebooted the vita there and when I click on any hacks or games I get a C1-2741-4 error. But now I have access to molecular shell.

This is when I click on any hacks or games.

Strangely enough I can actually access Adrenaline also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,023 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?