HELP! Rescuing a damged Savefile | Pokemon Y

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by elfricko, Jun 30, 2016.

1. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Like the headline says I need help in Rescuing a damged savefile of Pokemon Y ...
    Now this is no ordenary savestate. It has work in it of over 10000h+.
    The savestate is on my PC and saved with the Powersave from datel. I never cheated on this or another edition of Pokemon and I just made a backup of the savestate. I saved the game like adviced and I do not know how it got corrupted. I had send the edition to Nintendo but they just deleted the file von the cartridge.
    I have 0 experience in hacking and would like to ask for some help to get it going again ...

If some information are missing feel free to ask I try to answer them.

I hope this is the right place for this request.

2. TamDanny

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Okay, um...first of all, 10k hours is like 11 years. I don't think the 3DS was even an idea back in 2005. Forget I said that.
    Either way, this sounds like a problem with the "secure value". It's basically a value that always randomizes itself every time you save. If the value on your save doesn't match with the system, then it won't let you use the save file, probably tells you that it's corrupted or something. Best thing you can do is start a new save, extract the save file, find the secure value (there's info on the secure value of XY somewhere around here), edit your "damaged" save file with a hex editor, & inject it in. Hopefully that helps.

Last edited by TamDanny, Jun 30, 2016
  3. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    actualy just 1.14 year
    edit: 2fast5u

Last edited by fikatr, Jun 30, 2016
    Koko-Kun likes this.
  4. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Oh, whoops. I put an extra zero on there. Never mind then.

5. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    actually you put an extra 1

6. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    how can this happen?. btw I made the save after the error occurred. Is here an easy step by step guide how to pull this of?? Like I said i am realy inexperienced with something like that. I could also post the file of the save if that would help. ( I just made new game and dumbed a new backup on PC)

7. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Well, as long as you have dumped the save before the error in your computer (and that it's not actually corrupted), I'm pretty sure this can be fixed.
    There's this program right here that helps with problems like these. It's got the secure value location of XY already integrated, so try using that and hope it works.

Koko-Kun likes this.
  8. Koko-Kun

Koko-Kun A Guppy

Jun 10, 2016
    United States
    Paradisum
    Just a FYI: never, never, never, ever send anything to Nintendo that was modified. It will be guaranteed clean as a white slate.

TamDanny likes this.
  9. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    well to be honest it went like this: I saved like I normaly would ... I switched cartridges. Checked something. Put the Y edition back in and got the error. Then I bought the Powersave and made the back up and then I mailed it to nintendo. So no I dumbed on the pc right after the error occurred

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wasn't ever modifed ... Like I said this piece of art has partly more powerfull Pokèmon than every ohter modifeid version, without modifieng it ... it is clean from manipulation but full of the rarest of the rare. thats why it took over 10000h every Pkmn partly shiny with perfekts stats + every possible set. Could Nintendo see if I used a device to save it on PC?? The support of Nintendo even recommended it to me to use something to save it in the PC.

10. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Weird, my best guess is that you switched cartridges before finishing the saving process, but that's a stretch. Not really sure if the save is OK. Can you try opening it with PKHeX (this is basically a save editor for Pokemon XY/ORAS, here's the link), & see if it works? If it does, then maybe you can still continue with the procedure. If it doesn't, well, you might be out of luck.

11. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I don't think this will work. Look what they say "NO POWERSAVES. Datel does not allow edited save resigning. NO SKY3DS EITHER."

12. TamDanny

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Dang, forgot about that bit. It's been a while since I've done any save injecting, & I've never owned a Powersaves before. If you can't edit the save (or inject an edited save), then I'm not sure what you can do.

13. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    me either :-/ . Ther other link you send me wasn't helping either because I can there just the savestates from the Powersave there are no folders and when i try to edit with the editor welll there is just gibberich

14. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Like I said on another thread, Powersave save files for XYORAS can be decrypted for use with PKHeX.
    Unlike the other thread, OP has the cart the save came from
    I'm gonna fetch a link on the save decryption after I find a guide

EDIT; Have a guide http://pocketmonsters.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2005976

@elfricko what firmware is your system?

Last edited by Ricken, Jun 30, 2016
  15. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    firmware? do you mean on my 3DS?? just the least of Nintendo.

16. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Err... Enter system settings and look at the top screen. Can you tell me the string of numbers and letters shown in the lower right corner of said screen?

17. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Ver. 11.0.0-33E

18. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Do you have a copy of Freakyforms Deluxe/Ocarina of Time 3D?

19. elfricko
    OP

elfricko Member

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I have a copy of Ocarina of time 3D but how can this help?

20. Ricken

Ricken We'll Carry On

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Ok, cool
    It helps because OoT3D is a functional Homebrew exploit, and because of how Powersave encryption works, Homebrew would be your only way to inject a working save file into your Pokemon Y
    https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases -Grab the latest release (top)
    https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax -Scroll down a bit and follow the guide typed out
    After you install OoTHax (It won't hurt your system, and yes you can uninstall it later) follow this guide
    http://pocketmonsters.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2005976
    After you go through both guides I'll give you a few more instructions